PDA

View Full Version : Driver Led To 100ft Cliff Edge By Sat Nav

gmb45
15th May, 2009, 04:08 AM
this never happens with road maps. :D

A driver has blamed his sat nav for leaving his car teetering on the edge of a cliff after he followed its instructions.

Robert Jones said he trusted his navigational system and continued to follow it when it told him the steep, narrow footpath he was driving on was a road.

Mr Jones, from Doncaster, South Yorkshire, now faces court action for driving without due care and attention.

His BMW nearly plunged down a 100ft cliff in Todmorden, West Yorkshire, on Sunday.

He was only stopped from falling after the vehicle rammed into a wire fence.

Police and rescue teams then spent nine hours recovering his car following the incident.

alec
21st May, 2009, 01:24 PM
That's what happens, when you put Exit as the destination.

yasermaali
21st May, 2009, 01:28 PM
thank you very much...

terriers
29th May, 2009, 04:31 PM
must have been a binatone carrera like mine ..lol...

DragonsDen
31st May, 2009, 04:57 PM
Sat nav might have been an import.. lol but its not funny when your car does go flying off a cliff in reality..

I personaly have a TomTom.. once it kept saying; "please take the next left - keep driving and you have reached your destination", yh rite.. it was a bloody dead end. Eventhough the TomTom is realtively updated with latest software.. It goes to show, just use your own brain sometimes and your gut instinct.. as I would'nt personally rely 100% of the time on these small portable gadgets.. lol