PDA

View Full Version : UK Men Less Picky When It Comes To Love

gmb45
15th May, 2009, 05:29 AM
so whats new lol

When it comes to love British men are much easier going than their European counterparts, according to a new survey.

Unfortunately for UK men British women set higher standards

They mind less if a woman is poor, out of work, ill-educated - or cannot cook. And they value brains over beauty.

A European survey conducted by the online dating service Parship found only 41% of single UKmales prioritise qualities such as education, salary and morality when choosing a mate.

Some 83% of the 13,000 singletons questioned said they would be content with dating an unemployed woman.

A lack of skills in the kitchen did not deter them either - only 34% of expected their partner to be able to cook.

So what do the UK's single male population actually want?

Good communication skills, a sense of humour, openness, honesty and intelligence top the list - 70% of those men polled favoured these qualities over good looks.

Europe's Fussiest Singles

1. Austria

2. Germany and Switzerland

3. Ireland

4. Spain, Italy, Norway

5. Norway

That's not to say physical appearance isn't important - just over half (52%) thought a pretty face a must.

Unfortunately for men, British women seem to be slightly more selective in their quest to find their perfect partner.

Ironically, their higher standards seem to be what's stopping the UK women from achieving domestic bliss.

Dr Victoria Lukats, a psychiatrist and Parship's dating expert, says: "Many women still feel some degree of social pressure not to have too many partners to avoid being adversely judged.

"So it pays for them to be more discerning from the outset."

British women also have higher standards when it comes to fidelity, with 90% saying it would make them end a relationship compared to 68% of men.

Parship researchers spoke to 13,000 men aged 18-59.

zaphodbb
15th May, 2009, 08:08 AM
we all know what we want but we also know what we get :roflmao:

caveman_nige
15th May, 2009, 08:21 AM
Well it does not apply to me, I was very picky and with all the damaged goods on the shelf it was hard work to find my wifey..... Only the best cavegirl for me..... shaaaaawing badabada

gmb45
15th May, 2009, 08:23 AM
Well it does not apply to me, I was very picky and with all the damaged goods on the shelf it was hard work to find my wifey..... Only the best cavegirl for me..... shaaaaawing badabada so u tested quite a few first then lol

gmb45
15th May, 2009, 08:27 AM
what was your chat up line then nige was it- UG nookie, then battered her over the head with a club and dragged her to your cave with her hair lol

caveman_nige
15th May, 2009, 08:36 AM
well... i certainly advocate going on a lot of test drives before you decide on the model you want.... ahhh the good old years.....

Chat up lines.. hmmmm can't say i used one... A girlfriend who i had just split up with when i was working in germany actually introduced me to my wife,, she thought we were a good match and paired us off at a party... that ex girlfriend was a defo keeper as well, just did not like the idea of living in the UK... 95% of the ones before them were nutters....

My wife suspects that I put it around a bit before I met her, but she knows not ask questions that she may not like the answers to... I do not agree in having to know who your other had banged before you met her etc.. Ask no questions, tell no lies... accept it and forget it..

gmb45
15th May, 2009, 08:41 AM
well... i certainly advocate going on a lot of test drives before you decide on the model you want.... ahhh the good old years.....

Chat up lines.. hmmmm can't say i used one... A girlfriend who i had just split up with when i was working in germany actually introduced me to my wife,, she thought we were a good match and paired us off at a party... that ex girlfriend was a defo keeper as well, just did not like the idea of living in the UK... 95% of the ones before them were nutters.... true m8 or u might end up with an old banger like me :roflmao: tho i did my fair share of test drives, think i got ripped off her gear box is worn out :roflmao: not enough lubrication :roflmao:

caveman_nige
15th May, 2009, 09:36 AM
oh well,,, I can agree with the first post in as much as I knwo many a bloke who has done just that, and settled for the any girl that will stick around and is not just a ring collector who will move on a in a year to a bloke with a newer car etc..