PDA

View Full Version : Openbox either keeps rebooting or stuck at boot (blinking)

nildopio
9th November, 2013, 01:29 AM
hi guys... please help me...
My openbox s9 was ok for 3 months now since the last firmware upgrade, and suddenly is just reboot and get stuck on booting (blinking the word "boot")... i have tried many version of the firmware for my box: some firmware let it finish booting and seconds later in restarts again..BUt this only happens if I have the antenna cable plugged...

please help me 'coz i'm givin' up here :(

P&D
9th November, 2013, 01:32 AM
Hi & welcome to DK

If the box is booting ok without the dish cable attached

Take the f connector off the cable
the box is re-booting because the outer cable is touching the inner cable
the F connector is the silver bit that screws into the back of the box & on the end of the cable from the dish

nildopio
9th November, 2013, 01:53 AM
Thanks for your quick answer P&D ;)
But i don't think the problem is in the f connector of my cable because i tried to connect the box on others mates antennas and just the same... :(

Hadron
9th November, 2013, 02:01 AM
Perhaps the Power supply unit is on it's last legs & the extra current drawn by the LNB is tripping it out.

The S9 is an old box now & suffers from bad capacitors in the PSU. Have a look at the capacitors on the PSU board & see if any are bulging/leaking.

nildopio
9th November, 2013, 02:22 AM
Thank you Hadron,
there is this 33uF capacitor that looks like someone dropped some brown liquid over it. Do you think that changing that one could solve the problem?

Hadron
9th November, 2013, 12:04 PM
C19 is the usual suspect. It can be either 1000uF 16v or 1500uF 16v. They usually bulge when they go bad, but can sometimes leak from the top or base. The top should be perfectly flat.

It's very unlikely to be the 33uF capacitor. They sometimes have glue around the base.

nildopio
9th November, 2013, 04:05 PM
Many thanks GUYS... PROBLEM SOLVED!!!: I did changed the PSU and ALL OK AGAIN!!! BUT i have to confess that I actualy don't know if my box is S9,S10 or whatever, 'coz it has no lable. I bought it 1 year ago from someone. Please take a look at this pics and see if you can tell229070229071

darcu5
9th November, 2013, 06:16 PM
deffo not s9. looks more like the s11 to me mate.

Hadron
10th November, 2013, 01:38 PM
Many thanks GUYS... PROBLEM SOLVED!!!: I did changed the PSU and ALL OK AGAIN!!! BUT i have to confess that I actualy don't know if my box is S9,S10 or whatever, 'coz it has no lable. I bought it 1 year ago from someone. Please take a look at this pics and see if you can tell

Ahh..right. That's an S10. The S9 comes in a big case (around 12" X 9" X 3"). The S11 has the tuner fitted vertically on the mainboard. The S10 has a seperate plug-in tuner board fitted horizontally.

The problem capacitors on the S10/S11 PSU boards are C11 (1000uF 10v) & C15 (470uF 10v).

I think the S10 with the white front panel was sold under a different name.

nildopio
10th November, 2013, 02:43 PM
GUYS you are AWESOME!!! Only two days in this forum and i feel like I'm swimming the knowledge sea. Thanks to you i've learned a lot...