PDA

View Full Version : SIM2 backup uk OpenPLi-4.0-beta-dm800se #ssl84d + latest dmm drivers

southpaw
9th November, 2013, 05:10 PM
THIS IMAGE IS FOR SIM2 DM800SE ONLY !

I have tweaked the latest pli 4 on my sim2 800SE clone and finally got it running sweet, have created a backup for any who wish to try it, when I first flashed it I noticed a dramatic increase in pic quality and the box seems nice an zippy due to the latest dmm drivers finally being cracked by sim2 team, I have done the following to this image -

removed -systemplugins fastscan+ osd3dsetup+ ppanel+ hdmicec+ module-rt2500usb-rt2800usb-rt73usb+ e2-helper+ sambaserver+ cablescan
removed wireless support as i only use hard wired , you can re-activate if you download modules from server in plugins menu
removed all language bar Inglish

added cooltv
added crossepg
added xmltvimport
added autobouquet
added nfi flash tool to create this backup

to install this image your box must be at ssl84a/b/c/d
obviously put box in "stop" mode
enter i-p from oled screen in web-browser address bar
flash file sim2_800SE_SSL84D.nfi (do not boot box yet)
after sim2_800SE_SSL84D.nfi file has flashed, in address bar re-enter the i-p address (or open a 2nd window and enter i-p again)
flash 2nd file OE-exp-dm800se-2013-11-09-15-22.nfi

boot box ,
backup has dhcp enabled and autobouquet is set for "North West Granada HD" area. user can change to personal choice
this backup will give a full epg if you configure your usb stick (which will automount on boot)
to setup epg do- menu- setup- crossepg- configure
configure crossepg to use your usb in "storage device"
in xmltv providers tick "rytec uk xmltv" only
save

then go to plugins and select "epg import"

choose a time suit yourself 229076

click blue for sources and again select "rytec uk xmltv" only
ok/green
then to start the download/import hit yellow for manual

let it do it`s stuff and hopefully that will give you a full epg for 5 days, (you can change the 5 to a 7 if you want in "load long description up to x days" (see screenshot above)

think thats everythin, i have done a lot of experimenting and believe this is the best option for sim2 SE boxes available
enjoy

LINK - sim2_800SE_SSL84D.nfi https://www.dropbox.com/s/mpdwzx2hm0vmv0t/sim2_800SE_SSL84D.nfi - OE-exp-dm800se-2013-11-09-15-22.nfi https://www.dropbox.com/s/vbarua5ld4ljo5p/OE-exp-dm800se-2013-11-09-15-22.nfi

--------------------------------------------
to display picons on your oled screen , download file "skin_user.xml.zip" and unzip it

download here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t9vlsnn5e44tn8j/skin_user.zip

when uncompressed, it should be a dotXML file type , ftp file "skin_user.xml" to directory /etc/enigma2/skin_user.xml

download picons folder and unzip it, make a copy of it and rename the copy folder "picon_oled" (without quotes)
you should now have 2 folders, "picon" and "picon_oled" , ftp them both to media/usb

picons download here-
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xnc1x4ozi92oqup/picon.zip

reboot and you should now have picons displayed on box`s screen

freeiphone4
14th November, 2013, 11:45 AM
thank you for this - i am new to all this and this made perfect sense.

one question though - certain channels don't work - is that normal or have i missed something?

EDIT: was not renaming CCCam.cfg after upload - sorted - thanks

southpaw
14th November, 2013, 04:55 PM
Glad you sorted it yourself mate, well done, any feedback on performance welcome , personally think it's a massive performance step from 84b images with 2/3 year old drivers

stonewall
15th November, 2013, 07:07 PM
Hi mate
Where does the picon file go and does this work on the OLED with this image?
Thanks for your work!!

southpaw
15th November, 2013, 07:16 PM
Picons go in a folder labelled picon on USB, to display them on oled you need a 2nd folder on USB labelled picon_oled and a slight modification to user skin file, I will upload that specific modded skin file on Sunday when I get home mate

digicon
15th November, 2013, 07:46 PM
There is a Modification post for this here: http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f205/lcd-picons-dream-elite-3-0-dm800se-269454/#post1583084

freeiphone4
16th November, 2013, 01:42 AM
Glad you sorted it yourself mate, well done, any feedback on performance welcome , personally think it's a massive performance step from 84b images with 2/3 year old drivers

as i am new to this - your guide was the easiest for me to digest...it is working perfect.

i am going to play with the picons etc as i am feeling more confident.

Thank you again :)

stonewall
28th November, 2013, 01:09 PM
Southpaw
Please could you advise? How does this image display ecm times, also struggling backing up the image? Apart from that excellent and your work is appreciated.

stonewall

mdt
28th November, 2013, 02:16 PM
Southpaw
Please could you advise? How does this image display ecm times, also struggling backing up the image? Apart from that excellent and your work is appreciated.

stonewall

why are you messing with back ups again? its your box and your choice i guess but you know what happened last time. regards mdt

southpaw
29th November, 2013, 10:16 PM
Southpaw

stonewall

the 2nd info bar displays ecm times mate, just press ok-ok, the image has a plugin nfi image tools backup, this was the only consistent plugin that could create a backup that wasn't bloated , pretty straight forward to use, just tell it were to store backup and it will create a full nfi with your info within, good luck

phat1
30th November, 2013, 05:39 PM
can this be in stalled in DM800HD, as when I try to flash it it says image for wrong architecture?

southpaw
30th November, 2013, 08:10 PM
can this be in stalled in DM800HD, as when I try to flash it it says image for wrong architecture?

nope, this image is for the 2nd edition dm800 , DM800SE

rigsby71
1st December, 2013, 10:44 PM
This is an excellent image....very very fast and responsive to remote commands. Well done for a great image.

southpaw
2nd December, 2013, 12:23 PM
This is an excellent image....very very fast and responsive to remote commands. Well done for a great image. Thanks for feedback rigsby, did you notice an improvement in pic quality or was that just placebo and my dodgy mince pies? just for clarity sake, I didn't create this image, its the excellent work of Mr GJStroom over at sim2 team HQ , I just tweaked the image to my liking, unbloated language packs and created a backup .

stonewall
2nd December, 2013, 12:25 PM
the 2nd info bar displays ecm times mate, just press ok-ok, the image has a plugin nfi image tools backup, this was the only consistent plugin that could create a backup that wasn't bloated , pretty straight forward to use, just tell it were to store backup and it will create a full nfi with your info within, good luck

Cheers mate!!
Thanks for the info! Yes I can see where the ecm times should be displayed but all I see is (0.000) .

southpaw
2nd December, 2013, 12:39 PM
weird, getting same here now you pointed it out, will try find a fix today mate

fix, it seems to be a glitch with this specific version of C((@m , download a diferent version , menu- plugins - download plugins - softcams . (best practice to reboot after download).
then to switch versions blue button- green - use right arrow to scroll to new version - then click the restart (@m button
your ecmt!mes will now display on infobar

stonewall
3rd December, 2013, 09:12 AM
Mate,
For some reason unable to download a C((@m from the download menu. I get a error message.
Regards
stonewall

rigsby71
3rd December, 2013, 12:09 PM
Thanks for feedback rigsby, did you notice an improvement in pic quality or was that just placebo and my dodgy mince pies? just for clarity sake, I didn't create this image, its the excellent work of Mr GJStroom over at sim2 team HQ , I just tweaked the image to my liking, unbloated language packs and created a backup .

I've not had my dm800se set up for a few weeks so can't recall if the picture is better than before, also, it's now set up on another tv, but the picutre is very good non the less. Great Image though.

rigsby71
3rd December, 2013, 12:12 PM
weird, getting same here now you pointed it out, will try find a fix today mate

fix, it seems to be a glitch with this specific version of C((@m , download a diferent version , menu- plugins - download plugins - softcams . (best practice to reboot after download).
then to switch versions blue button- green - use right arrow to scroll to new version - then click the restart (@m button
your ecmt!mes will now display on infobar

When i loaded up this image, i instantly downloaded 2.3.0 & didn't use the onboard 2.09 version so i haven't experienced the problems mentioned.

tassos
6th December, 2013, 08:46 PM
Hi can you tell me if this image is compatable with a clone Dreambox800se HD 84b. I always used 1.6. images. thanks

southpaw
7th December, 2013, 06:43 AM
If it's sim 2 800SE then yes, just follow the instructions regarding the 84d upgrade

tassos
7th December, 2013, 08:22 PM
Hi I do not know the difference between 1 and 2 D800se, and when I install images I use a program called Optiflasher, do you know it? thanks for your time

southpaw
7th December, 2013, 09:59 PM
Hi I do not know the difference between 1 and 2 D800se, and when I install images I use a program called Optiflasher, do you know it? thanks for your time

yes , I am aware of optiflasher, however you don't need a complex programme like that, just a simple web browser is all you need, and yes your box is sim2 type sim if it has 84b image on so perfectly compatable with this image, just follow the instructions in post 1 .

tvbors
9th December, 2013, 07:13 PM
Which skin is used on your image mate as I like it and want to install to my box?
Cheers

southpaw
10th December, 2013, 01:02 PM
Which skin is used on your image mate as I like it and want to install to my box?
Cheers
the skin is PLiHD mate

mike33
23rd December, 2013, 04:07 PM
Hi,hoping southpaw can help me or anybody else,downloaded this image which is excellent but trying to put any plugins on the dreambox seems to be a problem as the box is not seeing any at all when box as been rebooted.
I presume you go through software management and then install local extension but nothing appears,any help appreciated.

digicon
23rd December, 2013, 06:21 PM
You FTP the plugin to the /tmp folder and then install it do not reboot the receiver until you have installed any plugins as you will lose them

mike33
23rd December, 2013, 10:31 PM
You FTP the plugin to the /tmp folder and then install it do not reboot the receiver until you have installed any plugins as you will lose them

Ok digicon will try that thanks,but would this method also apply to plugins that need to be send to usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions.

mike33
24th December, 2013, 01:30 AM
All sorted now thanks.

southpaw
24th December, 2013, 03:30 PM
on this pli image, I send my ipk files to media/usb and install with software manager plugin, as they will reside on usb until deleted so there their as a backup incase of things going tit$ up

weedman
31st December, 2013, 10:36 PM
I'm looking for a new image, this looks great, can you tell me if the onDemand plugin works? (ie bbc iplayer, itv, etc)
I have a built in HDD, will I have to configure this myself, or is it pre-configured?

southpaw
1st January, 2014, 11:33 AM
the HDD will be automounted on 1st boot so no need to worry bout that, the plugins you mention are not pre-configured, however you can certainly install them yourself from the download panel within the image, or ftp the ipk to /tmp and manual install with "software manager" plugin

owengrey
3rd January, 2014, 07:04 PM

I have tweaked the latest pli 4 on my sim2 800SE clone and finally got it running sweet, have created a backup for any who wish to try it, when I first flashed it I noticed a dramatic increase in pic quality and the box seems nice an zippy due to the latest dmm drivers finally being cracked by sim2 team, I have done the following to this image -

removed -systemplugins fastscan+ osd3dsetup+ ppanel+ hdmicec+ module-rt2500usb-rt2800usb-rt73usb+ e2-helper+ sambaserver+ cablescan
removed wireless support as i only use hard wired , you can re-activate if you download modules from server in plugins menu

added cooltv
added crossepg
added xmltvimport
added autobouquet

after sim2_800SE_SSL84D.nfi file has flashed, in address bar re-enter the i-p address (or open a 2nd window and enter i-p again)

boot box ,
backup has dhcp enabled and autobouquet is set for "North West Granada HD" area. user can change to personal choice
this backup will give a full epg if you configure your usb stick (which will automount on boot)
save

choose a time suit yourself 229076

ok/green

let it do it`s stuff and hopefully that will give you a full epg for 5 days, (you can change the 5 to a 7 if you want in "load long description up to x days" (see screenshot above)

think thats everythin, i have done a lot of experimenting and believe this is the best option for sim2 SE boxes available
enjoy

LINK - sim2_800SE_SSL84D.nfi https://www.dropbox.com/s/mpdwzx2hm0vmv0t/sim2_800SE_SSL84D.nfi - OE-exp-dm800se-2013-11-09-15-22.nfi https://www.dropbox.com/s/vbarua5ld4ljo5p/OE-exp-dm800se-2013-11-09-15-22.nfi

to display picons on your oled screen , download file "skin_user.xml.zip" and unzip it

download here

when uncompressed, it should be a dotXML file type , ftp file "skin_user.xml" to directory /etc/enigma2/skin_user.xml

download picons folder and unzip it, make a copy of it and rename the copy folder "picon_oled" (without quotes)
you should now have 2 folders, "picon" and "picon_oled" , ftp them both to media/usb

picons download here-

I have a dm800se and tried to use the above files namely the two nfi files (bootloader and image). Now all I get when using sunray dreamup is incorrect or obselete file, this goes for any image that i try to install (even the image i had working prior to the above install). When my DM boots i can see that the ssl is 84D. So dreamup wont work and all the browsers Ive tried wont allow the download even once i got on dreambox upgrade page (IE, Chrome,Maxthon) flash button doesnt seem to work.
On dreamup ethernet download hangs and loses connection and on serial via usb it completes but says incorrect or obselete image box will be unusable now.
Any Ideas anyone as I been at this all day now and wife is getting peed off with no telly.:blue:

owengrey
3rd January, 2014, 09:29 PM
You may have a 800se but not with a SIM2?

Open box up and take sim out to have look if you are unsure.

JoK

Thanks for that....... the box is definetly Sim2 also comes up on oled display on boot up.

digicon
4th January, 2014, 02:06 AM
when you flashed the 2 files did you flash the bootloader first and then the image straight after without re-booting if you did not then this may be the cause of your problem

southpaw
4th January, 2014, 05:59 AM
Confused here, you say "when it boots i can see it's 84d "
So is the box booting? ,
are you trying to flash over a solid wired connection, no wifi or home plugs involved?

owengrey
4th January, 2014, 06:00 PM
Confused here, you say "when it boots i can see it's 84d "
So is the box booting? ,
are you trying to flash over a solid wired connection, no wifi or home plugs involved?

Yes the box boots up and i can see that the ssl is 84d but the image has not taken as it still remains the old PLI image and i guess its corrupted some how as Ive lost my tuner in the setup menu.

I am flashing using a wired connection but its going via router is this the problem, does the ethernet connection have to be between PC and box? also iguess the cable will then be a crossover, is this correct.

southpaw
4th January, 2014, 08:59 PM
Yes the box boots up and i can see that the ssl is 84d but the image has not taken as it still remains the old PLI image and i guess its corrupted some how as Ive lost my tuner in the setup menu.

I am flashing using a wired connection but its going via router is this the problem, does the ethernet connection have to be between PC and box? also iguess the cable will then be a crossover, is this correct.

Just re flash the image on it's own mate, the 84d is on it so don't worry bout that, leave network as is thru router with no cross over cable

owengrey
5th January, 2014, 11:07 AM
Thanks, will give it a go today!

lufcmattylad
23rd January, 2014, 11:11 PM
Hi. Fantastic Image.
All great but im unable to login to telnet (FTP is fine) using root/dreambox
Any ideas how I can fix this?

southpaw
24th January, 2014, 06:06 AM
Should telnet fine with default user pass, personally I use putty, and tick the telnet check box, can't remember the port number off top of my head but putty takes care of that mate

linkk
26th January, 2014, 11:48 PM
Hi,

Would this work on a Triple Tuner Sunray SR4 ? , also in the guide it says " to install this image your box must be at ssl84a/b/c/d " how do I check if my box is compatible ?

Thanks

southpaw
27th January, 2014, 06:37 AM
Don't think it's compatible mate, as it doesn't have the drivers for the various tuners

freeiphone4
10th February, 2014, 11:11 PM
@southpaw:
i have recently done an update through settings and now it no longer detects my tuner...if i reinstall the original Image all works fine again. have you any ideas what could be the problem. thanks again

southpaw
12th February, 2014, 02:28 PM
edited. see post below for fix

southpaw
12th February, 2014, 10:20 PM
sorry , ignore last post, as I have just looked into your issue mate, when updating its replacing the bcm7405 driver
with a non patched one (meant for original dmm machines)
to get around this you have 2 options
option1, BEFORE PERFORMING UPDATE
edit /var/lib/opkg/status file
Search for the line "Package: kernel-module-bcm7405"
change the line "Version" in this section.

change from -Version: 3.2-20130607-r7.0
change to -Version: 3.2-20130927-r7.0

option 2,
can be performed via dcc using telnet after the update

cd /lib/modules/3.2-dm800se/extra
rm bcm7405.ko
wget http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9860949/dm800se/bcm7405.ko
reboot

freeiphone4
13th February, 2014, 10:17 AM
thats fantastic - i am back up and running on the latest.

this is by far the best image i have had the pleasure of using - thank you again :)

linkk
24th March, 2014, 03:55 PM
I have installed the firmware and have to say it runs great, I just can't work out how to change the region from Granada to Central ?

southpaw
24th March, 2014, 09:08 PM
I have installed the firmware and have to say it runs great, I just can't work out how to change the region from Granada to Central ?

Menu>plugins>autobouquet .
when autobouquet opens press the "menu" button on remote. a configuration screen should popup, enter your location then save , then run the plugin to download your regionals

gspeedy
28th March, 2014, 03:28 PM
Thank you for sharing this Backup Image.

I've Install the image, But my box says I've lost my TUNER. ( "no TUNER" ).

Is the something I can do to get the TUNER back ?

southpaw
29th March, 2014, 08:44 AM
unfortunately after running software update the above method will no longer replace the tuner bcm file , so the only thing i can suggest is to backup your settings

You can use the autobackup, this will backup your settings and plugins which will be re-isntalled on boot-up if you also enable 'create auto install'
Goto menu > plugins > autobackup
make sure the backup is on your hdd "/media/hdd/backup" or usb "media/usb/backup" and NOT on "media/backup"

then flash the latest image from link below and it should auto install your configuration
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9860949/dm800se/dm800se-4daily.html
2nd option is flash the image from this thread and stay away from "software update" (you dont need to flash the 2nd bootloader just image file "sim2_800SE_SSL84D.nfi")
good luck

c_slater_1
10th November, 2014, 07:24 PM
Hi,

I have been using this image for a few weeks now and everything is working great. The only thing I cant seem to find is how to time shift? I don't want a constant time shift I just want to be able to pause TV. I have an internal HDD and am able to record. I have tried the normal ways but cant seem to get it to work, is it possible on this image? Or do I need to install an extra plug in?

Thanks

c_slater_1
10th November, 2014, 07:25 PM
Hi,

I have been using this image for a few weeks now and everything is working great. The only thing I cant seem to find is how to time shift? I don't want a constant time shift I just want to be able to pause TV. I have an internal HDD and am able to record. I have tried the normal ways but cant seem to get it to work, is it possible on this image? Or do I need to install an extra plug in?

Thanks

cboyer
25th January, 2015, 07:11 PM
Hi,

Thanks

let me know if you sort this pal as i cant use timeshift either i have tried a few different timeshift apps but none working

olinev
31st January, 2015, 07:25 PM

added cooltv
added crossepg
added xmltvimport
added autobouquet

boot box ,
save

choose a time suit yourself http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=229076&stc=1

ok/green

enjoy

download here

picons download here-

Hi Southpaw

does this image come with a ts panel?

markyb
17th April, 2015, 07:29 AM
Is this for original or clone

digicon
17th April, 2015, 09:42 AM
Is this for original or clone

The Clue is in the thread title 'Sim2' which is an image for Clone Sim2 receivers

markyb
17th April, 2015, 01:12 PM
The Clue is in the thread title 'Sim2' which is an image for Clone Sim2 receivers

cheers hadn't realsised that

link not active now.
my image become corrupt and i did save it on my drive
so looking for another copy
hitting a brick wall looking

cbbella
28th May, 2015, 10:04 PM
Hi. My 800se is ssl84b.

So just to clarify things, I can just flash the image that's in post 52 and I do not need to flash ssl84b first, because if I do, could you give me a link to it please as the links in the OP are down

Cheers

*edit: i managed to install it

dark5tar
8th April, 2017, 10:22 PM
Hi
my 800se i'm not abl to flash, keep getting NO CA FOUND, i want to try this image but getting 404 error on drop box links, how others able to download?