PDA

View Full Version : dpf 535d problem

scartplug
9th November, 2013, 05:33 PM
Hi guys iv done a dpf removal for a costumer on a 535d it drove for a month or more with 3000-4000 miles no prob but now when its fully hot give it the smallest bit of boot and the engine cuts out no fault on the dash it then rolls to a stop.Remove key and put back in press start and it starts and drives again.I check tonight to see if it happens when its cold but ive been told it dosent...The guy told me he had it at a BMW garage and they said it was because of back pressure as the dpf was removed incorrectly ! Ive done a few of these and never had a complaint....Ive got a dtc code as follows.

4530 Charge-air pressure control,control deviation

Im not sure if its even my problem but Im a loyal guy and would like to sort it out if its dpf related

Cheers in advance

kire106ka
9th November, 2013, 06:20 PM
What soft you use for dpf off send the ori and dpf off.
That bmw is common problem with a electronic valve that control turbo preasure you should plug scan tool and see preasure on turbo when car cut out.
I dont understand you well if you push trotlle car goes in limp mode or shut down completly.

AlexandruP
9th November, 2013, 06:26 PM
Post ori and dpf off files and lets see...

scartplug
9th November, 2013, 06:41 PM
Hi Guys

Yes the car cuts out completely !

Unfortunately I use a slaved Dimsport tool. Im getting strange answers from the guys who are doing the files for me.Im not getting any answers from them so its making my job very difficult.

Im now stuck between a rock and a very hard place I cant show you a file that I have no access to......

ominimicu
9th November, 2013, 06:47 PM
For sure a is a limp mode caused by turbo...but i dont think it s DPF related....hes trying to get smth for free here

scartplug
9th November, 2013, 07:16 PM
Hmmmmm Im of the same opinion now...I think the BMW guys that looked at this may have just wash there hands as they didnt get the job.But they have put the bad word on my dpf job and its not what we are about.

Ive got to ask a straight question here....Am I better investing in other equipment and using a more larger main stream tuning company so as to rule out any doubts I have with the guys Im using to mod the files ?? If Im been honest 2 other cars have been back in the last 2 weeks with what Id call software "glitches" I do not want to be receiving a poor reputation for something Ive no control over(the files).

Id love a bit of advise because I like things to be correct 1st time or is this all a common thing to happen with remaps ??

arvedo
9th November, 2013, 07:23 PM
friend post here archio ori and mod, if you want to be helped, in the post 2y3 they ask why not publish afraid to copy it. entonses better not to ask for help:joyous:

m3evo
9th November, 2013, 07:41 PM
How often does the fault happen? Can it be repeated easily? If so flash the original file on the car and check results. I know what you mean about files, your name goes on them and they have to be perfect first time and if you can't read the data yourself you only have the word of the tuner to go on. I have been in the same place yourself. Try and have a couple of tuners to use and then you at least have back up.

scartplug
9th November, 2013, 07:57 PM
Thanks m3evo I actually dont feel like a complete idiot and I do feel lost what did you do to resolve the problem.

As for the BMW...Ill try put back on the ori file tomorrow as I have the car for all of next week.Yes the problem can be repeated several times in a few miles so I suppose that is one way of checking the problem.

mexanico1971
9th November, 2013, 08:23 PM
some times dealers, make actualization of the software in the ECU !
and delete the DPF job that we made ! and they don"t know how to disable again !
the only way is to read file again and compare width the ori and the "DPF off" file, and see what is wrong !

kire106ka
9th November, 2013, 08:59 PM
You like to get help byt you're afraid to share files like is something we have not seen it before if you have that kind of problem
dpf off on that car is old news friend or you open a tread to make freetime conversations here

gttuning
9th November, 2013, 09:41 PM
i think turbo actuator is fu... or VNT in turbo is stuck.

morgano
9th November, 2013, 10:03 PM
It's me or guys answer without read the post and the real problem???

HE DOESN'T POST THE FILES BECAUSE HE WORKS WITH A SLAVE UNIT, FILES ARE CRYPTED, USELESS, WHAT DO YOU WANNA LOOK ON THEM???

I think also VNT stuck, and no DPF related ;)

kfprint
9th November, 2013, 11:16 PM
I own a tuning company in the UK and its very easy to put the blame on the DPF software, when its not.
the 335d solution is as tried and tested as it gets, its very simple and works. It takes out the post injection and error code table for the DPF, thats all it needs.

When customers who come to us for a performance remap, they love their cars and they are generally pampered and running perfect.

With DFP deletes, its a different story, we only get cars with a problem. 25% of the time these cars also have underlying issues, which either contributed or are a direct result of the deterioration of the DPF. These faults like EGR, Turbos sensors and pipework are common culprits

With DPF removals we train our slave dealers that its important to manage the customers expectations, the DPF delete might be just 1 part and the biggest part of the fix, but sometimes its not not going to fix other damaged and worn components

scartplug
10th November, 2013, 01:28 AM
I wish i could upload the file for all to see as I can be sure of 1 thing most guys here would sort it in a heart beat if it were a file issue. If you read my other posts youll see im trying to buy an fgtech and asked for opinions last week.Im a newbe here and respect all your opinions. As for opening a trendto waste peoples time dont insult me or the people who are intersted in cars and electronics its not what Im about.

I also see both sides of the coin the car has 160k on it and if i owned it from new it would of had a tuff life as you would all do the same.1 thing we will all agree on is the 535d is a cannon to go ***55357;***56397;***55357;***56842; wat a machine !Big smiles all around ha !!!

my problem is im not a conman but a guy who likes to do a good honest job.Im just hoping I can future proof myself also and learn from what info I can gather without causing a fuss.

scartplug
10th November, 2013, 01:29 AM
I wish i could upload the file for all to see as I can be sure of 1 thing most guys here would sort it in a heart beat if it were a file issue. If you read my other posts youll see im trying to buy an fgtech and asked for opinions last week.Im a newbe here and respect all your opinions. As for opening a trendto waste peoples time dont insult me or the people who are intersted in cars and electronics its not what Im about.

I also see both sides of the coin the car has 160k on it and if i owned it from new it would of had a tuff life as you would all do the same.1 thing we will all agree on is the 535d is a cannon to go ***128077;***128522; wat a machine !Big smiles all around ha !!!

my problem is im not a conman but a guy who likes to do a good honest job.Im just hoping I can future proof myself also and learn from what info I can gather without causing a fuss.

kire106ka
10th November, 2013, 01:44 AM
Morgano
I didnt see post number 4 so my mistake
As i said and all opinions here are about turbo so scartplug can check around it to figure out the problem
Scartplyg
I wrote that because there is people here who are posting problems just to do something in free time don't be insolted.
I hope you will figure out the problem and fix it

scartplug
10th November, 2013, 01:50 AM
No offence taken ;) im only getting the handle of the forum so i could be hipersensitive also ha !

morgano
10th November, 2013, 01:59 AM
hahaha just was thinking in loud voice, no problem ;)

scartplug
10th November, 2013, 10:07 AM
As said on a previous post would the simple test of putting the ori file back on it and try ? The dpf shouldnt cause an issue immediately on a 2km test run !

kfprint
10th November, 2013, 01:35 PM
I have done maybe 20 of these, and depending on the age the DPF can be either under the car or up in front of the engine directly after the CAT..

It has been known to mistake the CAT as the DPF, or completely miss the DPF in the mid section of the exhaust.
worth checking

scartplug
10th November, 2013, 07:27 PM
It was def the dpf that was removed Im aware of the different areas it can be located.

An update: this evening I drove the car on a 15mile trip it was perfect never glitched once.lots of power so it is definitely only when its fully warm and warm for a long time. Is there any reason why a dpf removal could have any effect like this on an engine only when its hot ??

m3evo
10th November, 2013, 08:33 PM
It was def the dpf that was removed Im aware of the different areas it can be located.

An update: this evening I drove the car on a 15mile trip it was perfect never glitched once.lots of power so it is definitely only when its fully warm and warm for a long time. Is there any reason why a dpf removal could have any effect like this on an engine only when its hot ??

I have seen VNT mechanisms sticking when the car is hot. The plates either side of the vanes swell slightly and don't allow proper movement.

kfprint
12th November, 2013, 01:20 AM
yes of course, the dpf will only ever try to regenerate when up to temp, this is partly why they fail in the first place.
short runs dont give the dpf enough time to regen while engine is warm. it not the speed that regens the filter ( dont listed to the forum numptys that say take it for a blast) it s the temp (sloow and hot) and on load is the key to successful regens is between 2-3k revs on load 3 OR 4 GEAR.

SCART
send me the ori and mod you have PM

scartplug
14th November, 2013, 10:24 PM
I can't as it's a slave genius 2 unit I'm using but I'm to purchase a master unit in the next 2 weeks so from then on ill post everything.

If u can find some way of getting the file off my existing genius slave machine let me know I'll let u log in using team viewer ha !

Ive have the mechanic checking vac pipes and turbo conditions tomorrow to see if there is any probs.

ill be sure to post the results here when I know more

wiseman
14th November, 2013, 11:16 PM
I have done maybe 20 of these, and depending on the age the DPF can be either under the car or up in front of the engine directly after the CAT..

It has been known to mistake the CAT as the DPF, or completely miss the DPF in the mid section of the exhaust.
worth checking

Nice point,See alot of people making this mistake with BMW DPF location and never seen anyone discuss it