PDA

View Full Version : dbox ip address

farnsy
3rd June, 2008, 10:39 AM
Hi guys does the dbox 2 have a standard IP address or are they all different, the reason is ive flashed 1 of my boxes with laky pro 1 via flash fxp with no probs but my other box says kein system so cannot go into network settings to find it. Tried using IFA 3.1 but with no success thanks farnsy

aftermath
3rd June, 2008, 10:46 AM
The IP address comes with the image, there not all the same.
You can get a null modem cable and flash it via hyper terminal mate.

there is a guide here http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1531&highlight=hyper

farnsy
3rd June, 2008, 11:03 AM
Thanks aftermath for that will give it a whirl later on today

MetMan
3rd June, 2008, 02:43 PM
Hi guys does the dbox 2 have a standard IP address or are they all different, the reason is ive flashed 1 of my boxes with laky pro 1 via flash fxp with no probs but my other box says kein system so cannot go into network settings to find it. Tried using IFA 3.1 but with no success thanks farnsy

sure both boxes have the same number of chips?

nkw59
3rd June, 2008, 08:43 PM
I always leave my laptop set to 192.168.0.23 and alter the network settings on the dbox accordingly i.e 192.168.0.24 and the subnet mask is always the same whatever image u use.Just keep trying on the box with the kein system and hopefully you will catch it just right on the power up for ifa.If not try a different version of ifa.Good luck

plasterer
3rd June, 2008, 10:30 PM
Try ifa 156 no ips needed with This program ....Paul

farnsy
3rd June, 2008, 10:49 PM
Thanks for the replies guys sorted the problem out in the end thanks farnsy:flowers:

ruprect
6th June, 2008, 10:27 AM
If you have a kein system, you really have no IP, just use IFA which does not need the IP.

Otherwise IP can be seen in network setting via remote, or when the box is booting it often appears on the TV for 2 seconds in small white text.