PDA

View Full Version : Tethering on 3...Sony Xperia C1505

MandieC
14th November, 2013, 12:27 PM
Hi Guys
Just bought my Hubby this for his birthday and was wondering if there was anyway I could set it up for wireless tethering ..He had a HTC Wildfire that had a tethering app but the phone does his head in and we need it for using at our caravan. I have Googled it but it boggles my mind and am a bit worried about dodgy sites...Any help appreciated...;-)
Thanks
Mandie

roy46
14th November, 2013, 07:18 PM
Big con with 3. Most packages with generous data allowance wont allow tethering and if you try then you promptly get cut off.

I figured a way around this using PDdaNet.

Install PdaNet on PC.
During the installation process, select device manufacturer accordingly.
Attach the device to your pc using usb only when the setup asks you to do so.
Allow to install on phone as well. - Install rndis-android-xp drivers if needed.
Don't forget to exit pdanet before trying to connect to adb etc.

(On phone)
After installation through PC Clear data and Uninstall. Now install PdaNetA4126.apk
Make sure 3g is connected. Select PdaNet and select Tether.

(On PC)
I disable my local network card first.
Run PdaNet and select settings in systen tray.
Settings: Hide tether usage Level 1 (This is to stop 3 from detecting and cutting off)
Connect Internet (USB)

Ive uploaded here for you to try: Zippyshare.com - Tether using PdaNet.rar (http://www33.zippyshare.com/v/8035270/file.html)

roy46
18th November, 2013, 11:44 AM
If you have one of those packages where 3 does not allow tethering then there is another way around this but can only be applied for general surfing through firefox.

There is an add on available for Firefox called User Agent R 01. If you install this then select Tools/User Agent/Android then your browser will be detected as an android browser. You are then able to tether to your phone in the usual manner without having to use PDaNet. The only drawbacks here are that the browser display is the same as android and you can only use the net connection for this purpose. For example you will not be able to use it for Skype or outlook etc.