PDA

View Full Version : VU+Solo2 - Vix Firmware Update Newbie Question

Aletank
14th November, 2013, 02:37 PM
I currently have a Skybox F5, I'm getting closer n closer to making a move for a VU+Solo2, I'm thinking of getting one from World of Satellites with the Vix Firmware installed.

How often does the Vix Firmware get updated ?
When you update it, do you have to reinstall Plug Ins etc ?

digicon
14th November, 2013, 02:45 PM
Minor updates are done Online so you just update the image yourself via the menu all your settings Plugins etc.. stay the same, A Major Update may require a full re-flash of the image which would result in you having to set the receiver back up again

ontherack
14th November, 2013, 07:33 PM
thought you could make a backup of your settings to usb to install after reflash, maybe I'm wrong??????????

digicon
14th November, 2013, 09:15 PM
thought you could make a backup of your settings to usb to install after reflash, maybe I'm wrong??????????

Yes you can but i would also imagine it would depend on the type of Image Upgrade if it was a complete re-write due to kernel,drivers,OE then some plugins or settings may not work on the newer version

cactikid
14th November, 2013, 09:55 PM
using old info with the latest images may have problems using backups that were saved,as digicon states best with everything fresh.

SdTM
14th November, 2013, 11:56 PM
I currently have a Skybox F5, I'm getting closer n closer to making a move for a VU+Solo2, I'm thinking of getting one from World of Satellites with the Vix Firmware installed.

How often does the Vix Firmware get updated ?
When you update it, do you have to reinstall Plug Ins etc ?

Hello mate

in my opinion go for blackhole instead of vix

SdTM
15th November, 2013, 12:01 AM

i would always recommend not backing up and just setting up your box from scratch as in my opinion reduces issues like GSOD and plays once you get the hang of it, it only takes around 20 mins to get it fully setup again