PDA

View Full Version : Honda Accord 2013 - 77960-T2A-A013-M4

AVDIMON
16th November, 2013, 06:59 AM
Shaking my head working on this unit... Client bought a brand new module, buy using ETL programmer I read out informaion and replace it on the broken module. Now that broken module doesn't have any communication via OBD once it's installed. I can connect to MCU on the table via programmer but not on the car. Anyone had these? Is there a command need to be send to wake up unit after accident like Volvo? I know that installed dump is good, but why no communication? Wondering if someone was able to fix these units or not. Thanks!

ctype02
17th November, 2013, 12:40 AM
Try to unplug the battery the battery for a minute than plug it back in n c if u get communication,

AVDIMON
17th November, 2013, 02:14 AM
Tried, didn't help. I have up to date offical LAUNCH master, but still read it. Did anyone had luck connecting to car? Maybe bad dump?

AVDIMON
19th November, 2013, 08:09 AM
Any suggesstions? Still cannot connect to the module. Thanks!

lwood
19th November, 2013, 10:40 PM
you need original honda scan tool. to read srs dtc's

sbkracer1
20th November, 2013, 12:36 AM
you need original honda scan tool. to read srs dtc's
WRONG! The problem is the dump is not correct and causing no communication.

sbkracer1
20th November, 2013, 12:40 AM
You have to clear original dump, You cannot use clear or virgin from another module even if it has the same part # it will never work. You have to clear original old module

Illusion
20th November, 2013, 12:59 AM
Can't you just replace most modules with another or any dump with a clean one for Honda. From which years can't you do that?

AMLGAR
20th November, 2013, 03:14 AM
You have to clear original dump, You cannot use clear or virgin from another module even if it has the same part # it will never work. You have to clear original old module

some modules you can clear .. using the same par number but still communicating, you just got an error.. it means your scanner is not up to date to read new protocol OBDII, SPX HDS, CAN READ

satellitedream
20th November, 2013, 03:24 AM
On that vehicle you need scantool honda hds 3g with MVCI, not the chinese MVCI to communicate, even if you install honda 3g and crack it to use with GNA or HIM or chinese MVCI, will not communicate because interface doesnt support that protocol, i went through this on the new honda/acura 2013+ some models that got body change

AVDIMON
20th November, 2013, 07:41 AM
So, I have read virgin file from brand new module, same part number, program it on the crashed module. That won't work? did anyone had sucess do it? If dump need to be clean up, any one had success with it? The only scan tool I have is Launch, but it won't work? Thanks!

buga37
21st November, 2013, 12:07 AM
So, I have read virgin file from brand new module, same part number, program it on the crashed module. That won't work? did anyone had sucess do it? If dump need to be clean up, any one had success with it? The only scan tool I have is Launch, but it won't work? Thanks!

Non of the scanners will work with this srs module , your only option is original hds or try blink codes. Launch will not connect to it ether, i have tried it myself

satellitedream
21st November, 2013, 12:11 AM
You should be able to put virigin file into your other module and should work. question is that light off with the brand new module or not? If its on you have to scan with Honda 3G

sbkracer1
21st November, 2013, 01:00 AM
everyone is giving wrong advice, you cannot put virgin dump on crashed module it will not match and not work. there are some areas memory has to match in eprom or mcu, this is why you need to correct only the original crash dump. if you know how to change the orig bad dump to clear or virgin then you will be fine. but dont use another modules dump even if it has same part # it will never work.

sbkracer1
21st November, 2013, 01:03 AM

that wont work read the above post

buga37
21st November, 2013, 01:04 AM
that wont work read the above post

Virgin dump for this module is the ONLY SOLUTION as far as i know

sbkracer1
21st November, 2013, 01:09 AM
Virgin dump for this module is the ONLY SOLUTION as far as i know
but wont work , no communication

buga37
21st November, 2013, 01:09 AM
everyone is giving wrong advice, you cannot put virgin dump on crashed module it will not match and not work. there are some areas memory has to match in eprom or mcu, this is why you need to correct only the original crash dump. if you know how to change the orig bad dump to clear or virgin then you will be fine. but dont use another modules dump even if it has same part # it will never work.

Can you tell us how did you came up with this idea? this is something new for me

buga37
21st November, 2013, 01:13 AM
but wont work , no communication

Read above posts
Unless you have Honda HDS original non of the scanners will connect to SRS module no matter what, not suported
you can diagnose all other modules ECU, ABS... but not SRS

AVDIMON
21st November, 2013, 05:01 AM
I called Launch support today, they said in the near future they will make it readble by their software, but not now! So, looks like only option is send client to dealer.

buga37
21st November, 2013, 05:05 AM
Try to get blink codes out of it, i didn't have a chance to try it, i would like to know if it works

AVDIMON
21st November, 2013, 07:12 PM
Blink codes didn't work for me... Found someone with MVCI and should know soon. Again, I did install virgin dump, so it could be just passenger seat calibration.

sbkracer1
21st November, 2013, 09:14 PM
Read above posts
Unless you have Honda HDS original non of the scanners will connect to SRS module no matter what, not suported
you can diagnose all other modules ECU, ABS... but not SRS

even with mvci it will not communicate, you will see soon. Hard to explain on here but trust me. The virgin from another module = no work on old module.

buga37
21st November, 2013, 09:26 PM
Worked for me

visavis88
22nd November, 2013, 12:01 AM
i haven't dealt with 2013 accord, but on older hondas (2012 and down), when we bought new modules from a dealer, they programmed themselves to the car (including opds) and light went off by itself. if we bought used one, we would need to calibrate opds.
maybe i'm missing something...

buga37
22nd November, 2013, 12:05 AM
you're right

makz
22nd November, 2013, 11:29 PM
I just put the virgin file from new module and working fine !!!

lwood
25th November, 2013, 11:51 PM
I called Launch support today, they said in the near future they will make it readble by their software, but not now! So, looks like only option is send client to dealer.

Launch told me the same thing , in February

satellitedream
26th November, 2013, 12:28 AM
Its not only airbag that doesn't communicate, also all modules on new protocol. whenever i get car like this i just subscribe one day $10 on honda site with original MVCI,flashing and programming supported too, any older car i use GNA600, worth it to invest depends on how many hondas you do

buga37
26th November, 2013, 07:42 AM
Its not only airbag that doesn't communicate, also all modules on new protocol. whenever i get car like this i just subscribe one day $10 on honda site with original MVCI,flashing and programming supported too, any older car i use GNA600, worth it to invest depends on how many hondas you do

i have original LAunch master up to date and i was able to diagnose all modules but srs

lwood
26th November, 2013, 08:16 PM
i have original LAunch master up to date and i was able to diagnose all modules but srs
yes me too.

AVDIMON
28th November, 2013, 04:00 AM
I load a Honda MVCI original from a friend and found two errors for seat belt and air bag in the seat. Once both errors were fixed, passenger seat calibration occured by it selft (since I used virgin dump), like in the older Hondas. So, lamp is OFF and client is very happy!

AMLGAR
28th November, 2013, 06:00 PM
now in 2012 up if you removed seat from passenger even you remove and install original, you get CODE FOR CALIBRATION.

Plcautoparts
14th December, 2013, 04:12 AM
I also copied virgin file from new module, place file on old module and worked perfect. light is off and everyone is happy!!

12v
18th January, 2014, 02:10 AM
can some body send me virgin file
thanks in advance

martij976
19th January, 2014, 02:07 AM
can some body send me virgin file
thanks in advance

Funny lol .