PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Solo2 v Dreambox 800HD SE

icemen786
16th November, 2013, 09:41 PM
Hi Guyz

Thinking of getting a new box, which is better, more user friendly, less maintenance, better picture?

I heard the Vu+ box updates the channels itself when the freq changes,s this correct?

Also which is best image for both these boxes?

thanks
Ice

digicon
16th November, 2013, 10:19 PM
Both receivers can update the channel lists with autobouquets, Prices are miles apart Clone 800se for around ?120 Solo2 around ?300 whats your budget

cactikid
16th November, 2013, 11:04 PM
not had the dm but the vu solo2 claims to be the fastest starting up from go and is upto date,a very popular box for many and that is an original unit.

icemen786
17th November, 2013, 02:43 PM
Don't like the sound of a clone box, I rather pay extra and get the better box, are the clone dm boxes any good? 120 sounds good aswell if it updates all the channels. Anywhere decent to buy from with all latest software and channels bouquets as I'm not too techy.
I here 28.2 freq soon gonna be hard to get channels on? Any of this true. Will need motorized dish to pick freq from other sats
Thanks
Ice

girovend
17th November, 2013, 03:43 PM
Unless you really need to tuners get the dreambox , I upgraded from Dm800se to Vu+ solo2 and nice as it is the dreambox does the same except for only having one tuner

betas
17th November, 2013, 05:45 PM
i like the dm, a lot of differnt images and support they both run E2 and cheaper,very good remote controls most tvs as well.

lombard
17th November, 2013, 07:05 PM
noting wrong with a clone dm800se, i think its the best for price and support is great, its enigma 2 so can run any plugins as solo 2 does

digicon
17th November, 2013, 07:36 PM
Don't like the sound of a clone box, I rather pay extra and get the better box, are the clone dm boxes any good? 120 sounds good aswell if it updates all the channels. Anywhere decent to buy from with all latest software and channels bouquets as I'm not too techy.
I here 28.2 freq soon gonna be hard to get channels on? Any of this true. Will need motorized dish to pick freq from other sats
Thanks
Ice

If you consider yourself as you say not too techy then Linux Enigma2 is not for you, I would look at one of the closed source receivers to start with

icemen786
17th November, 2013, 07:50 PM
Can't I get a clone dm box with all the firmware and channels pre loaded so all I have to do is load the n line code. I should b able to do that with some guidance

ekkostar
28th November, 2013, 02:39 PM
Both are great receivers. If you were going original then Solo2 wins quite easily on both price and features....

Original DM800 SE HD v2 ~?400 vs VU+ Solo2 ~?300

If you go down the clone route. The DM800SE is cheaper but the clone Solo2 is probably worth the extra spend for the features anyway

Clone DM800 SE ~?120 vs Clone Solo2 ~?150

All prices are approx

Aletank
30th November, 2013, 04:22 PM
Both are great receivers. If you were going original then Solo2 wins quite easily on both price and features....

Original DM800 SE HD v2 ~?400 vs VU+ Solo2 ~?300

If you go down the clone route. The DM800SE is cheaper but the clone Solo2 is probably worth the extra spend for the features anyway

Clone DM800 SE ~?120 vs Clone Solo2 ~?150

All prices are approx Who sells Clone Solo 2's ? I've just searched ebay for clone solo 2 but nothing came up, I'm not sure what to search for.
Thanks

digicon
30th November, 2013, 05:15 PM
This is the Only Clone i could find on ebay at present: Vu+ Solo2 Twin Satellite receiver Brand New Blackhole | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vu-Solo2-Twin-Satellite-receiver-Brand-New-Blackhole-/291025903510?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Satellite_TV_Recei vers&hash=item43c27edf96) and the cheeky so and so wants a starting price above what it costs to import from china.

Search aliexpress for the Solo2 clones average price delivered to UK is around ?175

lombard
30th November, 2013, 06:49 PM
This is the Only Clone i could find on ebay at present: Vu+ Solo2 Twin Satellite receiver Brand New Blackhole | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vu-Solo2-Twin-Satellite-receiver-Brand-New-Blackhole-/291025903510?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Satellite_TV_Recei vers&hash=item43c27edf96) and the cheeky so and so wants a starting price above what it costs to import from china.

Search aliexpress for the Solo2 clones average price delivered to UK is around ?175

yes but he aint gonna sell it same price he bought it for and the fees and postage costs lol ,

Aletank
30th November, 2013, 08:10 PM
Yeah ?170 delivered on Aliexpress, plus there will be import taxes to pay the post office, probably better payin ?200 for a genuine Duo

digicon
30th November, 2013, 09:25 PM
Yeah ?170 delivered on Aliexpress, plus there will be import taxes to pay the post office, probably better payin ?200 for a genuine Duo

Thats an 'If' you get caught for import duty most mark it down @ $20 then its a hope and pray you dont get stung

ekkostar
3rd December, 2013, 03:24 AM
Solo2 Clone ?157 delivered if you know where to look/who to ask. Cannot condone clones but some people have said the quality of the Solo2 clone is actually quite good?

harlequin
25th January, 2014, 11:55 AM
Hey Guys

Thinking or getting a Solo2... Its not the dual tuner attracting me but the processor and memory.
I have an old original DM800HD... which seems to be grinding to a halt....

Is there any benefit to the higher spec processor & Mem ?????

eddhutch
27th February, 2014, 12:26 PM
Yes very much so. I've not owned a DM but the solo2 is extremely fast. Boots from start in around 30 seconds with lots of memory and big processor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

manchesturk
6th March, 2014, 12:33 AM
Hi guys i've been using dreambox dm800 hd for the last 14 months but i'm thinking of switching to Vu solo2, do u think it's worth switching to vu solo2 and paying extra ? current box im using is doing my head in sometimes where suddenly servers stop working..everytime that happens having to reboot the box,and takes ages to reboot lol there are some solo2's on ebay going for 270 pounds i wonder if they are genuine boxes ? has anyone had any experience on new solo2 ? any advice would appreciated

Thanks

scottj130208
6th March, 2014, 04:42 PM
Had the dm800 myself was really slow at booting terribly slow changed to the vu duo which still have then upgraded to the vu solo 2 original very fast boot time and reliable does not lag on channel provider but maybe your provider is the issue but we'll worth the extra money for the solo 2 in my opinion

sexysam
6th March, 2014, 11:26 PM
I had the DM800HD for 2 yrs and was good in my opinion.It was reliable (albeit a bit slow when starting up)but otherwise was very good, with loads of plugins etc.
I have just purchased 2014 model of VU+ Solo2 clone from China fro ?175 delivered in 6 days.This is much better and very fast on starting up.Easily fitted a 2.5 hd into it.Again lots pf extra plugins.....still trying to work out what some of them do.Pretty quite when it runs as well. I would definitely recommend these China clones,if you cant pay top whack for originals. I suppose if i get a couple of years out of it. I would be happy and say it was money well spent.

the goat
7th March, 2014, 08:49 AM
just my few pennies worth, I got a clone VU+ Dou, has been trouble since the day I had it, ( I may have been unlucky and got a Friday model) got a real VU+ solo2 before Christmas been running great from day one