PDA

View Full Version : Mum, 66, is oldest in world

gmb45
17th May, 2009, 07:32 AM
now i can understand a womans maternal instincts to have a baby, but at 66, she will be 82 when the kid is only 16, this is sure to have an effect on the kid through its school days. what do u think ?

PROSPEROUS Elizabeth Adeney is to become a mum at 66 ? so she has someone to ?leave my money to?.

The unmarried British businesswoman is almost eight months pregnant following IVF treatment.

Her pregnancy stunned doctors, who warned that the birth poses massive health risks.

Severino Antinori ... IVF expert

Severino Antinori ... IVF expert

1\G\Gamma

Elizabeth, of Newmarket, Suffolk, will take the title of Britain?s oldest mum from doctor Patricia Rashbrook ? who had a son at 63 in 2006 after treatment from controversial Italian fertility doctor Severino Antinori.

Elizabeth said: ?I?m a private person and while I appreciate there may be some publicity I will just ignore it.

?This has been a very personal decision.?

The OAP has converted a room in her ?600,000 home into a nursery for the tot, which is due a month before her 67th birthday in July.

Elizabeth, who has also hired a live-in nanny was given IVF treatment using a donor egg at a clinic in Ukraine.

She is set to have the Caesarean delivery at an NHS hospital because a private clinic may not be able to cope with predicted complications.

And she told friends she wanted a child to inherit her money.

The mum-to-be is managing director of a plastics and textiles company, and was married briefly before filing for divorce in 1990.

The firm run by her former husband Robert supplies gloves and riding whips to the Queen.

Strong

Elizabeth has three step-children from her failed marriage ? Penelope, 46, Lucy, 44, and William, 42.

And pals say she was known for her feisty manner. A former work colleague said: ?She?s had a very varied and interesting life.

?Years ago she was a debutante, and later worked as an air hostess.

?Elizabeth is a very strong-minded and intelligent woman. She has seen a lot of life.?

In 2006, Carmela Bousada of Spain became what was believed to be the oldest new mother when she delivered twin boys at age 66.

Last night expert IVF expert Dr Antinori refused to comment on Elizabeth?s pregnancy.

Medics say that older women who become mothers have an increased risk of complications ? including death during birth.

Advertisement

The NHS does not recommend fertility treatment for the over-40s.

Indian grandmother Omkari Panwar gave birth to twins last July at 70 ? also after IVF.

But her age has been disputed because she could not produce a birth certificate.