PDA

View Full Version : samsung np355v5c problems

anderscfc
18th November, 2013, 11:37 AM
hi am having trouble with the above computer and was wondering if anyone would know how to fix these problems

it is a fairly new computer (3-4 month old). everything was working fine until I tried to wipe windows 8 and replace it with windows 7. I deleted all partitions including the recovery partition so cant repair using that.

the problem is windows 7 didn't install properly and now the bios isn't recognising my hard drive or dvd drive in the boot settings. I cant get by the bios at all

is there a way to reinstall the bios as I'm sure I changed stuff in dos to try get it working and have now made the computer unusable. I have tried setting the bios defaults but it still doesn't show anything to boot from even though that the bios sees the hard drive and dvd drive in sysInfo.

thank you

Cod3waX
18th November, 2013, 12:54 PM
in the bios change the boot option from UEFI to Legacy boot mode and this should recognize ur hdd with windows 7 on it

to reset the bios u will have to locate the battery within the laptop and pull it out for 30 seconds to set it back to default

anderscfc
18th November, 2013, 02:22 PM
in the bios change the boot option from UEFI to Legacy boot mode and this should recognize ur hdd with windows 7 on it

to reset the bios u will have to locate the battery within the laptop and pull it out for 30 seconds to set it back to default

thanks for the reply

I now have windows 8 on the hard drive again as I put the hard drive in my desktop to reinstall windows 8, the laptop is still not finding anything to boot from.

I tried to take the cmos battery out but it seems to be attached to the motherboard.

if I took it to a computer repair shop do you think they could fix it and any idea what they would possibly charge ?

lagerland
20th November, 2013, 04:55 PM
That was never gona work m8 as it will apply all the settings for the desktop ie motherboard etcetera and not the laptop,did you try as suggested or not.............