PDA

View Full Version : vinnie jones in clear over bar brawl

gmb45
17th May, 2009, 04:01 PM
MOVIE hardman Vinnie Jones was yesterday cleared of assaulting a man in a bar brawl that left the star?s nose ?hanging off?.

The former footballer successfully argued he was acting in self defence ? having been glassed in the face.

Jones faced three assault charges over punching builder Juan Barrera in Wiley?s Tavern in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.

Jones, 44 ? who was visiting on a hunting trip ? told the city?s court how a row started when he was refused a game of pool.

The jury had heard that drinker Jesse Bickett told Jones: ?You?re not getting a game. You?re Juggernaut from X-Men.?

Jones said Barrera came over ?wild-eyed and looking for trouble? before Bickett starting shouting and then glassed him.

Jones ? who needed 70 stitches to repair his nose ? said: ?Bickett smashed the glass into the middle of my face. There was blood everywhere. A plastic surgeon had to do my nose.?

Jones said he was taunted by Barrera as he was shepherded from the bar in a daze.

He said: ?He had a glass and I thought he was going to smash me with it. I lunged at him. I was driven by fear.?