PDA

View Full Version : 2013 transit custom 95320 stripout ...

carbandit
24th November, 2013, 02:16 PM
pull adjustable steering wheel to max and pull leather shroud clip at bottom of cluster towards you to reveal 2 x 30 {remove } both left and right from the bottom edge of cluster......

like the older style transit this has a glovebox type of compartment top of cluster lift lid and 2x 30 to be removed here also ..........

once removed pry up bottom lip of compartment to remove 2 more 30 torx ..with these removed then cluster will be free ....

remove 4 x 15 torx {silver } from back of cluster and finger clips to separate and split cluster.........

needles have black caps { like puegeots }so i remove these first then lever needles with fork ......

now this model has a lcd screen with a top ribbon cable to be removed ..you can access this from inbetween pcb and face of cluster....now carefully split pcb from surround to reveal 95320 eprom near micro ... i used the upa script so kindly donated by our fellow member Dr peter and it reads and writes perfect ...all in all not too bad a job and if i get more time with the next one i will meter out and try to do a sw 13 from back of dash if possible ........

drpeter
25th November, 2013, 07:32 AM
pull adjustable steering wheel to max and pull leather shroud clip at bottom of cluster towards you to reveal 2 x 30 {remove } both left and right from the bottom edge of cluster......

like the older style transit this has a glovebox type of compartment top of cluster lift lid and 2x 30 to be removed here also ..........

once removed pry up bottom lip of compartment to remove 2 more 30 torx ..with these removed then cluster will be free ....

remove 4 x 15 torx {silver } from back of cluster and finger clips to separate and split cluster.........

needles have black caps { like puegeots }so i remove these first then lever needles with fork ......

now this model has a lcd screen with a top ribbon cable to be removed ..you can access this from inbetween pcb and face of cluster....now carefully split pcb from surround to reveal 95320 eprom near micro ... i used the upa script so kindly donated by our fellow member Dr peter and it reads and writes perfect ...all in all not too bad a job and if i get more time with the next one i will meter out and try to do a sw 13 from back of dash if possible ........ Thanks for testing I never had such a car :-).