PDA

View Full Version : vu+solo clone (skybox mini solo) epg problems

johnsback
24th November, 2013, 07:35 PM
hey guys, this is my first post and well where to start,

i bought a skybox mini solo cos my s11 now and next was killing me, the box arrived with a vix image on it, when booting a fireball comes on the screen with jensen everest on the screen, now i loved the box at first as it did all i wanted it to but now its just problem after problem with the crossegp, it crashes nearly everytime i run it which is daily cos everyday i turn the box on the epg has gone, its set to use media/usb ive tried 3 different usb sticks and it makes no difference what so ever, ive messaged the seller and he emails me different images all with his personal touch on them (jensen everest), now i love the vix image but cant be doing with spending at least half an hour a day sorting epg out, if i leave the box on all night the box has always crashed in the night when the epg update starts.

any help much appreciated
thanks
john.

digicon
24th November, 2013, 07:42 PM
Welcome to the wonderful world of linux :-).

That i am afraid is part of life with enigma2 and trying to get a machine to run how you want. Basically its trial and error what plugins work and what wont work.

As for the EPG it has been going through some so called tune ups at the moment with it being re-written for OE 2.0 and different images, i would suggest you try the XMLTV EPG updater which is separate from CrossEPG it works for me and is available from the Plugin / download section of the chosen image you are using.

I would not expect any help from Vix with this as they do not support Cloned receivers so the version you have now will be the only one until Clone Patch teams sort out the newer images.

johnsback
24th November, 2013, 07:51 PM
thanks for the swift reply

so do i stop the box auto updating of the crossepg and then set the box to auto import the xmltv-importer?

i love the box everything else is just worlds beyond the old s11 but if i can turn the box on without having to run the crossepg downloader 25 (or so) times untill it finally works it would be great

thanks
john.

digicon
24th November, 2013, 08:23 PM
there is no auto import of XMLTV EPG it is another plugin which is not associated with crossepg, you goto plugins menu and download addons and look for the XMLTV Importer plugin in the extensions menu download to install.

The Auto Updater on crossepg has to be turned off manually or you can un-install the plugin

johnsback
1st December, 2013, 09:06 PM
thanks a lot, did what you said and now it works perfectly never crashes so no need for crossepg anymore woohoo!!!