PDA

View Full Version : Persistant Fan on my PC

BRASS EAGLE
18th May, 2009, 05:28 PM
Hi ive got a HP pavillion Desktop its a 4pcu 3.06GHz 3.07Ghz 1.93Gb of ram and the fan seams to keep going of and on all the time if it does stop its only for a few mins.am not burning anything just browsing the net is this a common thing with this pc or is there something over heating which is causing it to do this'

Any help is most grateful
Cheers Jimmy Dee:scarf2:

on_the_jazz
16th June, 2009, 02:28 PM
Maybe its set to only come on after a certain temp? So when your pc heats up beyond a certain point it comes on and cools everything down then switches off until it heats up again.
You can usually view these settings in the bios or any temp monitoring software you have installed.

Reapers
20th June, 2009, 08:00 PM
yeah jazz is right its in the bios look for smart fan control and see if it is enabled but you might wanna see if your cpu is high temp before you disable it.

manxspud
25th July, 2009, 03:03 AM
HP pavillions come with bog standard heatsinks and fans, google these and you will be able to find loads out there, ok you will pay a few ?s but the rewards are great. less noise and your cpu will run at lower temps. making for a more stable and user friendly experience. No more wer wer wer when watching video and playing games ect. OCZ and Nexus are 2 good brands.

BRASS EAGLE
28th July, 2009, 11:26 AM
thanks to every one for there kind help.I opened the case up and was shocked to find a lot of dust had built up in the fan and the whole unit ive hovered it out and its made an improvement,i will take manxspuds advice as there is still a noise now and again when converting files, is this normal ?

manxspud
30th July, 2009, 08:59 PM
Hi M8,

Yea thats normal... editing and converting is cpu intensive, so the harder the cpu works... the harder the fan has to work to keep it cool.

I do a lot of both, thats how i found out about replacing the heatsink and fan. Now its one of the first things i do
when doing a newbuild.