PDA

View Full Version : Alfa 159 JTD 16V and OBD readiness

mzimbo
27th November, 2013, 07:34 PM
In my recently bought Alfa 159 JTDM 16V emissions test has to be done. The exhaust gas regulation valve is closed mechanically and because no error is set by the controller, I assume that the emission control has been disabled by software. I have checked with multiecuscan while driving. The EGR is never triggered. Due to this ECU modification, the OBD readiness never get to pass. Is it possible to get readiness to pass, while the EGR is turned off. Sorry for my bad english.

i'm gratefull for any help

mzimbo

harman1363
28th November, 2013, 01:53 PM
What program are you using to check the OBD readiness?

and ;-)

Why do you need that???

mzimbo
28th November, 2013, 06:21 PM
I had tried Scanmaster ELM and moDiag. Both programms shows the EGR test not completed, although i'm driving more then 2000 km since i reset the error memory. Why i need this? I live in Germany and the emissions test every 2 years is required by law. Apparently a tune is loaded on to the ECU which deactivate the EGR and prevents setting an error entry because the valve is mechanically blocked. I want to know if it is possible to get the OBD tests ready while the EGR is disabled?

Greets

mzimbo

TribesMac
29th November, 2013, 08:20 AM
What is an OBD test?
Do they check the computer while testing the emissions?

mzimbo
29th November, 2013, 05:33 PM
All 2003 and newer light-duty vehicles sold in Europe are equipped with On-Board Diagnostic systems, known as OBD II. The primary purpose of these systems is to monitor and evaluate the vehicle’s emissions controls. Using this on-board evaluation, OBD helps to maintain low emissions levels and notifies the vehicle operator of problems before they become catastrophic failures. In order for emissions systems to be properly evaluated, certain engine and transmission operating parameters must be met before the diagnostics begin. This is the function of “Readiness Monitors".
WHAT IS A “READINESS MONITOR?”

A monitor is not a physical device. It is a computer routine (program) designed to determine if an emission system is ready to be interrogated. Monitors are required to make certain that systems are not checked that have not reached proper operating temperature or other parameters that could allow false readings.
HOW MANY OF THESE “MONITORS” ARE THERE?

All OBD II equipped vehicles have three “continuous” monitors. They are misfire, fuel trim and comprehensive components checks system sensors and actuators. Manufacturers may use more distinctive names for some monitors. In addition, there are eight other “non-continuous” monitors for catalytic converter, EGR system, evaporative emissions system, oxygen sensor system, oxygen sensor heater system, secondary air injection, air conditioning system, and heated catalyst. Some of these monitors may be absent if the vehicle is not equipped with certain systems

Greetings

mzimbo

b2s15
30th November, 2013, 09:29 PM
you can make make it work with fiatecuscan, now called multiecuscan, even it egr is off in your ecu.

mzimbo
1st December, 2013, 10:36 AM
Nice to hear. I also own multiecuscan, but where in the programm is hiding this Funktion?

Greets, mzimbo