PDA

View Full Version : Major problem with Dreambox d500s and set-up.

redgarcia10
4th June, 2008, 10:03 AM
Hi guys.

I've had a D500s now since Sept 2006 and everything has been fine till last month when i lost all connection and signal - i currently have my box set up with SKY coming in via LNB A and Hotbird 13east coming in on LNB B - i've tried 3 D500s boxes now all with the right image on and i still get no picture. I have the inputs coming in via a Diseq switch which in turn goes direct into Antenna in on the D500s.

What could be the possible causes for sudden signal loss - i've been told the length of cable has an effect on it. ????

Cheers guys.

Devilfish
4th June, 2008, 05:53 PM
Are you getting any picture from either LNB?

Is it possible that your dish has moved slightly, i.e. strong winds or an albatross has landed on it lol.

Can you connect a sat meter to check the signal coming from the setup? You can get them on ebay for a few quid or at Maplin or B&Q for slightly more.

paulinhosantos
15th June, 2008, 12:53 AM
no... the lenght is not a problem, but the satellite position is... maybe your dish moved a few milimiters... please see if you can catch FTA channels

nin747
24th June, 2008, 08:15 PM
For an unknown reason, all channels from my DM500 also disappeared. I flashed the DM500 and now it works.