PDA

View Full Version : firmware issue ev max

woody
4th June, 2008, 10:19 AM
i have a red max box ive tried all the ufl updates and the only one that loads is the red ufl so thats how i come to see its a red box (hardly sherlock holmes stuff :-) ) anyway ive flashed that but now im getting a peaa error on the front of the box. i know this is a protection error basically the wrong firmware ????? anyone shed any light on this ?

many thanks in advance

also hello to all members as this is my first post :-)

smirnoff_rules
4th June, 2008, 10:55 AM
l done a few of these and never had that fault code ? has the box locked out now or can u still add software to it

woody
4th June, 2008, 11:24 AM
l done a few of these and never had that fault code ? has the box locked out now or can u still add software to it

well you can still try and load the red firmware but nothing else as i keep getting not fit for your receiver on the other firmwares

smirnoff_rules
4th June, 2008, 11:35 AM
can u read the box with voxer and see wot it says about the firmware

woody
4th June, 2008, 11:46 AM
ive got the box infront of me with voxer loaded i dont use this can you point me the way to check the firmware

thanks

smirnoff_rules
4th June, 2008, 11:54 AM
sorry at work , isnt there a connect to box and check f/w on it ..

wot red f/w did u load aswell was it 10.04.08 or 21.04.08 one

woody
4th June, 2008, 11:56 AM
sorry at work , isnt there a connect to box and check f/w on it ..

wot red f/w did u load aswell was it 10.04.08 or 21.04.08 one

couldnt find the connect and check f/w . i have tried both red flavours

smirnoff_rules
4th June, 2008, 12:04 PM
l would flash eurovox 2 firmware onto it . l know the remote isnt going to work but it will show the box has taken an image and is working ok , and we can go from there

woody
4th June, 2008, 12:41 PM
il try that now btw the box was fully working until the peaa error came up and then it just locked the box up , but i can still access and flash the box ?

<--woody added 8 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...-->

tried the ev2 image but just locked up the box altogether now stuck on standby with the 4 lines on the front of the box

<--woody added 14 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...-->

does this mean it has to be jtagged now as i havent got a cable :thumpdown:

smirnoff_rules
4th June, 2008, 12:47 PM
now its locked send the red image again and straight away turn the box off and back on again at the power/plug

and u r using a null cable and not a serial cable arnt u

woody
4th June, 2008, 06:13 PM
now its locked send the red image again and straight away turn the box off and back on again at the power/plug

and u r using a null cable and not a serial cable arnt u

yeah im usuing a null i cant get a thing out the box now i tried taking the power out and starting over again but it still cant communicate with the box

smirnoff_rules
4th June, 2008, 06:20 PM
lv done this so many time and have repaired frozen boxes lots of times . use voxer and click on receive service file a box will open and when u click start then switch the power off on the plug and straight back on again and see if the box connects

woody
4th June, 2008, 06:58 PM
right on about my 10th attempt i managed to load the red 21/04/08 and now its working perfectly but , when i took the box downstairs to test it and plugged it back in it took about 5 attempts for it to come on it just kept displaying the 4 lines with the 2 dots in the middle of the lcd and was stuck in standby

smirnoff_rules
4th June, 2008, 07:11 PM
we got there in the end .. to tell u the truth the new image isnt as good as the old one before the hit .. one two of mine u have to reboot now and again because the epg goes off

woody
4th June, 2008, 07:16 PM
do you know why it took so long to come back on when i unplugged it im tempted to unplug it again to see if it takes so long to come back on how come its locking it when its been off ?? weird eh anyway thanks for all your help :beer:

smirnoff_rules
4th June, 2008, 07:20 PM
sorry thats a new one on me .. sounds like the didnt like the image .. is the box a clone ?

woody
4th June, 2008, 07:48 PM
not as far as im aware i seen some pics inside and outside and im sure its genuine

smirnoff_rules
4th June, 2008, 07:52 PM
thats playing with boxes for u m8 .. if it was easy we would be bored lol ..it it run for a bit a try it m8 . l never turn a box off any way

woody
4th June, 2008, 08:52 PM
cheers for the help anyway

<--woody added 47 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...-->

sorry thats a new one on me .. sounds like the didnt like the image .. is the box a clone ?

you got me thinking again now :hahaha: is there anywhere where i can test the clone firmware from ??