PDA

View Full Version : Finally taken the plunge

Bulld0g
19th May, 2009, 06:18 PM
Well after a lot of thought and debating with myself ;) i decided to order one of these boxes yesterday. So when i get it i i will be popping in here for some help from you guys no doubt. :)

MetalKettle
21st May, 2009, 12:22 PM
Well after a lot of thought and debating with myself ;) i decided to order one of these boxes yesterday. So when i get it i i will be popping in here for some help from you guys no doubt. :)

Gimme a shout mate.

Anything you need :)

Bulld0g
21st May, 2009, 02:42 PM
PM sent m8 :)

father ted
21st May, 2009, 02:50 PM
wot dish you puting it onto?what image you gonna be using ?are you going to use 2 differnet images?or what ?

Bulld0g
21st May, 2009, 02:59 PM
1m motorised dish. dk.1.1 on cable and pli jade on sat.Is there a prog where you can ftp bouquets wirelessley.Instead of via nullmodem. Tried with Dreambox edit but can't connect wirelessly.

MetalKettle
21st May, 2009, 03:01 PM
1m motorised dish. dk.1.1 on cable and pli jade on sat.Is there a prog where you can ftp bouquets wirelessley.Instead of via nullmodem. Tried with Dreambox edit but can't connect wirelessly.

Good choice of images m8.

I use Dreambox Edit. I connect wirelessly via my laptop. My OM is connected directly to my wireless router.

krazylegz
21st May, 2009, 03:01 PM
try dreamset BD m8

Bulld0g
21st May, 2009, 03:04 PM
Cheers Krazy :) i will give that a try.

westkill
21st May, 2009, 03:26 PM
im using one of these at the moment just on a diseqc switch but for your setup google captain picards sat settings for enigma1
use dreambox edit to load these to your box :)

Bulld0g
21st May, 2009, 09:48 PM
I am just about to launch this ~~~~in thing right out the door :( Tried eevery image there is i think, and just cant get things right. One image says turning motor and the message just stays on the screen and the box freezes. Another wont find Thor at all Yet when i put the technomate back it drives to Thor no problem. Could this be because the TM was set up under USALS and the openmedia box is DIsq ?

One other thing i have downloaded the latest satankey pack and installed it into var\keys and var\scce and rebooted box but it's not clearing anything.Do i have to do anything else. :)

.: JaCkPoT :.
21st May, 2009, 09:59 PM
you will have to change motor settings to usals and enter the same lat and log figures into the om to that of your tm!

Bulld0g
21st May, 2009, 10:05 PM
I can't find USALS in the image m8 thats part of my problem

21st May, 2009, 10:06 PM
oh lol.my bad

Bulld0g
21st May, 2009, 10:21 PM
So is there a way to get usals ? i have read the images support it but i cant find out how to set it up. am still a noob to sats so the answer may well be staring me in the face :) But thats how we learn eh;)

21st May, 2009, 10:33 PM
a quick work of art using MSPaint lol

Curious123
21st May, 2009, 10:50 PM
So is there a way to get usals ? i have read the images support it but i cant find out how to set it up. am still a noob to sats so the answer may well be staring me in the face :) But thats how we learn eh;)

Have you tried Menu > Setup > satellite & transponder > Rotor setup > tick use 'go toXX function and than input longitude and Latitude ?

Bulld0g
21st May, 2009, 10:59 PM
Yes m8 thats how i set it up, but it wont find Thor. (I take it thats usals then ;) ) Or to be more precise when The captains is set up, it finds bbc world news and one or two others but not as many as the TM.
If i load image from scratch and scan Thor it says one transponder found but doesn't find Any channels.

Curious123
21st May, 2009, 11:04 PM
In the initials options you are asked what type of dish and lnb you have you need to make sure you select complex, with many satellite using diseq motor. Once your dreambox is corretly set up you won't waste your time on the technomate m8. lol

Bulld0g
21st May, 2009, 11:19 PM
Thanks m8 :) No doubt i'll get there in the end.. how long who knows lol

21st May, 2009, 11:30 PM
Make sure you have set east and west, north and south correctly when setting up your long and lat!

Bulld0g
21st May, 2009, 11:34 PM
Yep all done m8

Bulld0g
22nd May, 2009, 01:15 PM
Right i have took the day off work to try and sort this out and it's doin my head in ;)
I cannot get digitv on Thor1l. I have put the same co-ordinates into the DM as the OM and can pick some channels up on Thor but not all of them.

The TM pic is crystal clear but the OM pic is pixelating badly then going black. I've tried adjusting the Longitude slightly but it makes no difference. Also tried what Sadiq suggested and looped the TM to the OM and drove the dish like that but it made no difference. Ive also had to scan the sats individually because when i ftp the captains settings using Dreamedit no sats appear on the box for some reason even though it says ftp successful.
Any suggestions ?

EDIT Should say that when on Digitv on the OM it says no data for this service available.

father ted
22nd May, 2009, 06:47 PM
Right i have took the day off work to try and sort this out and it's doin my head in ;)
I cannot get digitv on Thor1l. I have put the same co-ordinates into the DM as the OM and can pick some channels up on Thor but not all of them.

The TM pic is crystal clear but the OM pic is pixelating badly then going black. I've tried adjusting the Longitude slightly but it makes no difference. Also tried what Sadiq suggested and looped the TM to the OM and drove the dish like that but it made no difference. Ive also had to scan the sats individually because when i ftp the captains settings using Dreamedit no sats appear on the box for some reason even though it says ftp successful.
Any suggestions ?

EDIT Should say that when on Digitv on the OM it says no data for this service available.

ok haqve you tried these files ?use dreambox edit to place these in and see if they work and hope youve minded about the k**'s?

Bulld0g
22nd May, 2009, 07:38 PM
Thanks Ted but can i ~~~~ get the sats to show up. Ive tried flashxp Dreamboxedit and dcc and its all the same. The xml file shows up in tuxbox commander. Heres a log from dreamboxedit
Dreambox response: Login successful. Have fun.
** Getting directory list /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/* **
Starting FTP transfer
Transfer complete
** Sending file "/var/tuxbox/config/enigma/services" **
Starting FTP transfer
Transfer complete
Error sending file "services" to the Dreambox.
Disconnecting.
Disconnected

father ted
22nd May, 2009, 07:49 PM
ok this is gonna sound stoopid but try reflashing using another image and then put in the files i gave you it mite be that memory is full and needs clearing try this image

badboy123
22nd May, 2009, 10:58 PM
I dont mean to hijack this thread but...

I connected my box to my original sky dish and did a scan on 28.2E, I picked up quite a few channels but there are loads of channels missing e.g sky sports 1, 3, extra, sky1, 2, 3, setanta etc The list goes on...Im practically missing most of the channels...

Why is it that I cant pick up all these channels? Im using gemini 4.60 no bomb image

Does anybody a recent bouquets and services files that I could try for sky uk?

Thanks

Curious123
22nd May, 2009, 11:04 PM
I dont mean to hijack this thread but...

I connected my box to my original sky dish and did a scan on 28.2E, I picked up quite a few channels but there are loads of channels missing e.g sky sports 1, 3, extra, sky1, 2, 3, setanta etc The list goes on...Im practically missing most of the channels...

Why is it that I cant pick up all these channels? Im using gemini 4.60 no bomb image

Does anybody a recent bouquets and services files that I could try for sky uk?

Thanks
You could load the Cajton settings supplied by father ted to your box and delete all the unwated bouquets.

badboy123
22nd May, 2009, 11:32 PM
Thanks, i tried your suggestion...Whenever I select the channels that I couldnt scan, I get a message saying 'Service could not be found!'...Any suggestions as to why Im getting this?

Curious123
22nd May, 2009, 11:36 PM
The S*y dishes are only 60cm so it is possible that you don't have enough signal strength to get the channel.

badboy123
22nd May, 2009, 11:39 PM
This is what Im getting for sky sports 2

SNR 60%
AGC 79%
BER 8208

I should be able to pick up the channels that sky are broadcasting right?

Curious123
22nd May, 2009, 11:47 PM

SNR 60%
AGC 79%
BER 8208

I should be able to pick up the channels that sky are broadcasting right?

PPV channels on S*y sat are not hacked so you will not be able to view unless you have a subscription or you have a cardsharing facility.

badboy123
23rd May, 2009, 01:30 AM
I have card sharing set up, I receive sky movies premier but when I try to connect to say sky movies indie I get the above error

Bulld0g
23rd May, 2009, 08:57 AM
ok this is gonna sound stoopid but try reflashing using another image and then put in the files i gave you it mite be that memory is full and needs clearing try this image

Still no joy :( Flashed the image and ftp'd the files over. All the files are there and when i open satellites.xml i can see he list of satellites in there but no matter what image or how i ftp the files they will not show up on the tv.
@ Curious got your pm m8 follwed the thread and still no luck there neither :(

Curious123
23rd May, 2009, 04:23 PM
I use the Pli Jade 2 image on my dm600 but I have kept my bouquets from my previous dm500 box. Why not try that image if you have not already tried it on your box?

Bulld0g
24th May, 2009, 09:06 AM
Tried that too. The files are transfering over and showing up in folder but just not on the tv. Strange :ahhhhh:
Is there any images with the satellite list pre loaded that you know of m8 ?

aftermath
24th May, 2009, 09:23 AM
bulldog m8 follow this tut http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f95/tutorial-adding-sat-xml-services-enigma2-ipbox9000-29363/

its for IPbox but its from a dreambox. maybe a little differend set up but the channels e.t.c. are all there

Bulld0g
25th May, 2009, 07:28 PM
Ok managed to sort things out at last lol. First thing i had to do was adjust my Longitude from 2.8 to 3.4 for some reason. Then i started to scan Thor and pick up all channels. I finally managed to ftp the service file into the image and actually see the satellites.

Now i wasn't going to tell anyone how i did it but i suppose i'll have too :)
When i ftpd the service files over and rebooted the box the sats weren't showing up on any image just a fave folder which was empty. Then i realized i had to press tv then satellites and they were there :roflmao: Now this was easy to miss because when you press the ok button it has all the options on the top all services providers etc. If tv is not pressed you just get a favs folder showing up.

father ted
25th May, 2009, 07:31 PM
Ok managed to sort things out at last lol. First thing i had to do was adjust my Longitude from 2.8 to 3.4 for some reason. Then i started to scan Thor and pick up all channels. I finally managed to ftp the service file into the image and actually see the satellites.

Now i wasn't going to tell anyone how i did it but i suppose i'll have too :)
When i ftpd the service files over and rebooted the box the sats weren't showing up on any image just a fave folder which was empty. Then i realized i had to press tv then satellites and they were there :roflmao: Now this was easy to miss because when you press the ok button it has all the options on the top all services providers etc. If tv is not pressed you just get a favs folder showing up.

:roflmao:so in essence they were there the first time lol and you didnt need to go thro all that rig-ma-roll ,anyway its a learning curve and am glad you got there in the end

Bulld0g
25th May, 2009, 07:43 PM
In a word yes lol. Well it's a learning curve m8. I've tried a few images and i'm getting to know my way around enigma lol

tomthebomb1968
25th May, 2009, 08:06 PM

SNR 60%
AGC 79%
BER 8208

I should be able to pick up the channels that sky are broadcasting right?Your dish needs realigned/Ber should be 0 or as close to.

badboy123
25th May, 2009, 08:32 PM
Your dish needs realigned/Ber should be 0 or as close to.

Thanks for the reply

Curious123
25th May, 2009, 08:34 PM
Your dish needs realigned/Ber should be 0 or as close to.

His dish was installed by S*y so it should properly aligned. I would gues that his lat/long may be incorrectly configured.

26th May, 2009, 12:30 AM
Can i say, the long lat trick is mentioned in the fine tuning your satellite dish thread..maybe if ron had read that before hand he coulda saved some time..

tomthebomb1968
26th May, 2009, 01:15 AM
His dish was installed by S*y so it should properly aligned. I would gues that his lat/long may be incorrectly configured.How would this have any effect on a static dish??? He does not need to configure this at all. Just configure his lnb for 1 satellite and choose 28.2

I stick by my original opinion that his dish is not correct with the numbers posted

Badboy, can you get True Movies? Dish needs to be spot on to get this.

Also have you a dect phone anywhere near your sat receiver, they can play havoc with the some channels.

badboy123
27th May, 2009, 12:32 PM
My dish wasnt installed by S*y...I had some set up a few years ago where I got all channels on s*y with a standard amstrad box (probs cardshare or programmed card)...This went off once the new blue cards rolled out with the yellow house on it...Not used the s*y dish since...

Anyway I'll do a scan and see if I can pick up true movies...Thanks for the suggestions...

Edit:

I adjusted the coax cable and did a scan ...this time I picked up more channels...True movies is one of them...Im thinking theres an issue with the coax cable, not the allignment with the sat dish

I replaced the coax cable and did another scan and Im back to square 1...no new channels found...I only have 650 services meaning there are lots more services that cannot be found...currently using the Pli Jade2 image...Any ideas?

tomthebomb1968
27th May, 2009, 01:56 PM
You could have a well outta date satellite xml file, try updating it

I very rarely scan the satellites now, just get the latest settings and ftp them to your box or download them from the images addons facility

Try putting these on with DreamboxEdit

badboy123
27th May, 2009, 04:16 PM
Thanks for the channel list...I put them on using dreamboxedit...The channels that I can watch are the channels that I pick up with a scan...

Sky premiere +1 (I can pick this up)

SNR 81%
AGC 90%
BER 0

Sky action (I cant pick this up)

SNR 54%
AGC 83%
BER 65520

this is pretty much same for all the channels I cant pick up...Any ideas?

tomthebomb1968
27th May, 2009, 05:01 PM
Think I am running out of fixes lol

You could try another scan, if my file has newer transponder settings than what you were using b4 it may pick some up, my list is is a couple of months old so some channels may be on different transponders now, so if you scan then check for duplicates in the All Services List to see if its picked them up

tomthebomb1968
27th May, 2009, 05:55 PM
Here is the latest satellite xml for 28.2e just replace your own with this and do a scan

badboy123
27th May, 2009, 10:16 PM
Just to be sure, this goes in var/etc right?

I put it in there and did a scan and picked up 60 more services (not sure which ones)...so I guess this made a slight change...

When I do a scan should I keep no circ polariz. unchecked or shall I check it? I normally do a scan unchecked..

tomthebomb1968
28th May, 2009, 01:43 AM
Im not too sure myself, but if you just look in the settings file I sent you and replace the satellites xml in there with the updated one and then ftp it to the box with Edit it will put it in the correct place, then do a scan

The newer xml has 62 more transponders

The newer channels will be flagged after a scan

max_gee
28th May, 2009, 03:39 AM
When you do a scan check to see if its picking up channels from both horizontal and vertical polarities.

badboy123
28th May, 2009, 11:35 AM
I tried your suggestion...I got 42 new channels added...but still no where near all of the channels...

It seems to be scanning both horizontal and vertical polarities...

But all the channels that I cant receive have a high BER reading and an error saying service could not be found...This is on free channels as well like sky news...

Could this problem be to a faulty box/tuner..? The box is about a week old..

tomthebomb1968
28th May, 2009, 04:10 PM
If you have another receiver handy, hook it up and see if it picks up any of the fta stuff your dream is missing

badboy123
28th May, 2009, 05:49 PM
I tried this and well...I picked up sky news and teachers tv...I cant view these on the openmedia box...

I checked the signal strength on the fta box (old s*y amstrad box)...The strength bar is 75% full and the sig quality is 50% full...could this have an effect?

tomthebomb1968
29th May, 2009, 03:24 PM
Yes I think it could