PDA

View Full Version : Can't decide on tablet with 4:3 ratio or 16:10

happy_highlander
1st December, 2013, 09:28 PM
As the title says which one should work best for general browsing, faceache and youtube type stuff. Both tablets are running quad core 1.6ghz rockchip processors with quad mali graphics and 2gb of ram only difference is the 9.7" has a 4:3 aspect ratio ips retina display screen of 2048 x 1536 whilst the 10.1" has 16:10 aspect ratio ips screen of 1280 x 800 both are running android 4.2 are exactly the same price

Canker_Canison
3rd December, 2013, 04:49 PM
Go with the bigger format.

As a general rule 16:10 is going to give you a better experience no matter what ratio you need to use.

When looking at tablets I always look at the resolution more than the CPU. No point having a quad core processor & good GPU if the screen is a bag of shite.

happy_highlander
3rd December, 2013, 08:00 PM
I've gone for the much higher resolution 9.7 on the 4:3 ratio canker. It seemed to make the most sense. Realistically I would rather have a much crisper image with a couple of black bars than something that looks a bit fuzzy. If the 16:10 ratio screen had the same resolution it would have been a no brainer

mickeyboy
4th December, 2013, 06:33 PM
how much is a good tablet up to ?100 that does all singing and dancing ,need a good make for youngster...

happy_highlander
4th December, 2013, 07:31 PM
To get something that wont frustrate the hell out of you speed wise and loading pages you would be best to look at 7" screen for that sort of money

mickeyboy
4th December, 2013, 07:45 PM
what are the best to go for ?

happy_highlander
4th December, 2013, 08:45 PM
Couldn't really give you a definate answer as there to many things to ask yourself what you need it for. Here is a link to the 7" version of the one I've ordered but I have no idea if it's any good. It should be ok but the biggy is how responsive the screen is http://m.ebuyer.com/?action=viewCategory&intCategoryId=409#/524796 one of the things I look for is support for Adobe Flash as not all Android is supported by manufacturer. You can still get it to run but it wont be installed and it is required for a lot of online Flash games

mickeyboy
4th December, 2013, 08:58 PM
cheers for that ,will check and study carefully just to see what she needs :joyous:

Canker_Canison
6th December, 2013, 02:28 PM
Just picked up a bargain at Argos.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7" 8GB ?139.99

The website lists ?20 voucher with purchase. But I paid in store at the card machine & it printed ?40 of vouchers.

So i either got it for ?100 or the Epson printer was ?9.99 instead of ?50. A bargain either way.

happy_highlander
28th December, 2013, 01:47 PM
Ok quick report back. I went for this 4:3 ratio with retina display http://www.7dayshop.com/sumvision-cyclone-voyager-2-9-7-retina and can tell you the picture quality is second to none and the screen is responsive. Comes with a very stock 4.2 Android system (almost zero bloatware) the ratio works well (I can see why ishite are keeping it) only downside so far is it doesn't charge via usb and stock wifi direct didn't appear to work which was sorted by using an app instead. Oh if anyone buys one there are two screen protectors on it lol missus thought the screen had bubbles round the edge. There is 2gb set aside for apps that can't be moved to sd, this leaves around 12gb of any use data storage internally. 32gb sandisk ultra micro sd works perfectly and I've had no issues connecting it to nas, sgs 1, 2, 3 and 3 mini on various Android versions rooted and stock or both vu+ sat receivers. Itv player from Google store reckons it is not compatible. This is simply not true lol it works perfectly if you install the version 1.3.1 apk widely available on tinternet.
This is a rebranded pipo m6 so when looking for a case for it search for that instead of UK name.
Final verdict is I would recommend this to anyone looking for a 10"ish tablet.

Edit...... Update. Latest version of itv player from blackmart works perfectly.