PDA

View Full Version : Where to purchase a Vu+solo2

NICETOBNICE
2nd December, 2013, 08:33 PM
Hi guys

I'm looking for a new twin tuner box preferably a solo to but not sure if i can get 1 for my budget of ?200
is anyone aware of a good dealer ?

digicon
2nd December, 2013, 09:33 PM
you can get a Clone for roughly around ?180 available from the usual PRC suppliers

mezzyg
5th December, 2013, 07:57 AM
There's a Clone on eBay at the moment. I'm sure it will get flooded with clones soon

Kerrmuir
31st December, 2013, 12:16 PM
Don't see any on PRC website. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Shady
31st December, 2013, 12:52 PM
PRC. Peoples republic of China. Aliexpress dhgate etc

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0100 using Tapatalk 2

Kerrmuir
31st December, 2013, 03:02 PM
VU Solo2 for ?160 inc delivey.. Is that good???

cactikid
31st December, 2013, 05:30 PM
is a vu clone worth the money or buy cheap and pay thrice and for piece of mind.

Kerrmuir
31st December, 2013, 05:48 PM
I took the plunge and bought a VU+ Duo2 for ?160 AliExpress, I will see how that goes!?!
:top:
Worst case senario I can punt it on fleebay....

and probably make a wee profit at the same time. lol

Kerrmuir
9th January, 2014, 08:29 PM
UPDATE!

I received the Vu+ Solo2 on tuesday, only 3 working days from China, and set it up. It came preloaded with BH 2.0.6 which I have never used and it took me hours to work it out and get the Channels the way I like them etc... I noticed it would not reboot sometimes and had to be switched off and back on manualy. It also froze a few times :-(

Didn't like BH that much as it seems way over complicated so Wednesday I decided to load the latest Vix image onto the box to see if I liked that better and found the front USB didn't seem to do anything but make the usb stick light flash once or twice so I had to install the image from the back USB. It went through the update procedure as it should but came back on with HW Error and nothing on TV.... CLONE!

Not happy :blue: and no matter what I did couldnt get any image to load and it didnt even recognise the USB in any port anymore. Really crapping it at this point as I have wasted ?160 on a tin box of inferior components that is now just a big metal brick! Also I had nowhere to turn for support as there is NO SUPPORT for CLONES!!

Tried loads of images, Vix, Openpli & BH but nothing!!! Last resort I tried BH2.0.6 as that was what was loaded when it arrived and thankfully that installed OK. Whhhewww.... Means I can send this peice of junk back to sender, which they have accepted, only thing I am fighting postage costs as its ?40-?50!! and I think they should cover it!
Site I bought from says they guarantee no counterfeits sold on their site, so will push it that way to get them to pay the postage back to China.

However I was impressed with the whole enigma 2 and linux stuff and got to grips with that really quickly and had fun setting the box up (even though I wasn't impressed with the hardware).
So I am going to pay the extra for a Genuine Vu+ Solo2 and have the peice of mind that it will be made from quality components and have the back up of a reputable company.

Moral of the story: You get what you pay for.

Hope this help someone and stops them from having the nightmare I've just had......

redondo5
10th January, 2014, 12:01 AM
Thanks for that update.

Do the most recent images have anti-clone measures?

If so, it might be worth trying a slightly older image... If the box is freezing on bh image it came with... That is worrying

intel
10th January, 2014, 12:47 AM

Too true m8, glad I brought a genuine box, there can't be anything worse then having waiting for someone to patch a proper image
for it to work on your cone box....and also if the clone box goes faulty, then you have to send it back to china.

lombard
10th January, 2014, 11:32 AM
UPDATE!

I received the Vu+ Solo2 on tuesday, only 3 working days from China, and set it up. It came preloaded with BH 2.0.6 which I have never used and it took me hours to work it out and get the Channels the way I like them etc... I noticed it would not reboot sometimes and had to be switched off and back on manualy. It also froze a few times :-(

Didn't like BH that much as it seems way over complicated so Wednesday I decided to load the latest Vix image onto the box to see if I liked that better and found the front USB didn't seem to do anything but make the usb stick light flash once or twice so I had to install the image from the back USB. It went through the update procedure as it should but came back on with HW Error and nothing on TV.... CLONE!

Not happy :blue: and no matter what I did couldnt get any image to load and it didnt even recognise the USB in any port anymore. Really crapping it at this point as I have wasted ?160 on a tin box of inferior components that is now just a big metal brick! Also I had nowhere to turn for support as there is NO SUPPORT for CLONES!!

Tried loads of images, Vix, Openpli & BH but nothing!!! Last resort I tried BH2.0.6 as that was what was loaded when it arrived and thankfully that installed OK. Whhhewww.... Means I can send this peice of junk back to sender, which they have accepted, only thing I am fighting postage costs as its ?40-?50!! and I think they should cover it!
Site I bought from says they guarantee no counterfeits sold on their site, so will push it that way to get them to pay the postage back to China.

However I was impressed with the whole enigma 2 and linux stuff and got to grips with that really quickly and had fun setting the box up (even though I wasn't impressed with the hardware).
So I am going to pay the extra for a Genuine Vu+ Solo2 and have the peice of mind that it will be made from quality components and have the back up of a reputable company.

Hope this help someone and stops them from having the nightmare I've just had......

Hi, mate if you been reading others reports on here you would know the very latest build dont work, try vix 3.0 build 802 which was before the new drivers was added

Thanks

Kerrmuir
10th January, 2014, 12:20 PM
I will give it a go. ...
Update you here when I've done that. ..
Cheers

Mr S
10th January, 2014, 03:49 PM
my clone has been absolutely fine!

Kerrmuir
10th January, 2014, 06:44 PM
Hi, mate if you been reading others reports on here you would know the very latest build dont work, try vix 3.0 build 802 which was before the new drivers was added

Thanks

Hey Lombard,
what can I say your a lifesaver, the box is working great now and I'm gona keep it.

I wish it came with VIX pre installed as its a breath of fresh air compared to Blackhole, which is way too complicated for a first timer.

Just got my channels to set up the way I want them using Dreambox Edit and thats it.

I owe you 1, a huge ONE big guy. Thankyou, thankyou & THANK YOU again!!!

Kerrmuir
11th January, 2014, 10:00 AM
Stupid question but I have to ask,
Is it OK to do an update via the menu (not using usb stick) or will that give me HW error as well.
Total noob. :-O

digicon
11th January, 2014, 10:11 AM
Do not do an Update on a Patched Driver Image, Purely because if you do update and the update contains new anti-clone measure drivers you end up with a useless box again.

Best to leave well alone and if any new image appears wait until the drivers in that image have been patched and are safe to use on a Clone receiver

lombard
11th January, 2014, 11:21 AM
Stupid question but I have to ask,
Is it OK to do an update via the menu (not using usb stick) or will that give me HW error as well.
Total noob. :-O

that aint gonna work is it , if the latest builds dont work, updating will put on latest build which wont work, vix release updates at such a fast pace , dont think you will see any changes anyway and if it works leave it, and 802 build aint old , and then hope update is released for solo 2 to take latest images again

Kerrmuir
11th January, 2014, 11:50 AM
that aint gonna work is it , if the latest builds dont work, updating will put on latest build which wont work, vix release updates at such a fast pace , dont think you will see any changes anyway and if it works leave it, and 802 build aint old , and then hope update is released for solo 2 to take latest images again

Having a wee blonde moment. .. I'm usually good at this stuff and I have an IT background. ..
I thought that would be the answer.

"If it ain't broke don't try an fix it"

Cheers.