PDA

View Full Version : Picture quality

Bulld0g
4th June, 2008, 12:39 PM
I've just bought a 42" Panasonic Viera Plasma tv. I'm not happy with the picture quality. I have seen the tv in Comet and the picture is crystal clear. I am only using a cheap scart lead and think this may be the problem.I borrowed one off a friend to try and the picture is still the same. I spoke to a salesman in Comet and he said i need to buy a scart lead which was 40 quid and the picture would be right. Anyone had a problem with pic quality that was solved by buying an expensive lead. I don't want to buy the lead if it's not going to make a difference.

junkiepilot
4th June, 2008, 12:48 PM
The one in the showroom is probably connected to a HD source, hence why the pic looked so good. Get yourself a TV Calibration DVD like Monster ISF or Video Essentials. This will help you adjust the picture to the best your panel has to offer.

caveman_nige
4th June, 2008, 02:03 PM
I had similar picture issues a TV i recently bought, was thinking of buying a more expensive cable etc but I new i my heart it needed to be connected to a HD source to give the true picture quality. about 10 days ago VM upgraded my box to V+ for ?75 and the picture quality is sooooooo much better. They supplied the HDMI cable as well worth about ?30.

If you actually have a VM account and can get the V+ do it mate, otherwise the TV is wasting itself...

ronaldo121
6th June, 2008, 02:41 AM
I've just bought a 42" Panasonic Viera Plasma tv. I'm not happy with the picture quality. I have seen the tv in Comet and the picture is crystal clear. I am only using a cheap scart lead and think this may be the problem.I borrowed one off a friend to try and the picture is still the same. I spoke to a salesman in Comet and he said i need to buy a scart lead which was 40 quid and the picture would be right. Anyone had a problem with pic quality that was solved by buying an expensive lead. I don't want to buy the lead if it's not going to make a difference.

what model is it mate?

the cables can be a problem but i would like to know what setting you have and what source you are using that is outputting the picture!

For HDMI even a cheap one will do just fine but for scart it is recommended to spend a few bob extra!

Let us know mate! I have been doing lots of research of late in the panasonic plasmas and have just set mine up last week!

:manuscarf:

westkill
6th June, 2008, 07:40 AM
i have a 50 inch panasonic 1080p

with the dreambox quite good built in freeview the same but if put me ps3 on with a bluray film then you notice the diffrence :) with any hd source:jiggin:

firel3lade
8th June, 2008, 10:44 PM
my 50 inch LG has poor picture quality with built in digital tuner but I have just bought a Popcorn hour HD media streamer and the picture quality is g8t even with 4 gig downloaded 720p movies