thanks
westkill:)

Curious123
4th June, 2008, 04:07 PM
Have you sen this post?

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1272

C64
4th June, 2008, 11:27 PM
I used to own a Technotrend 2.1s card, it was awesome :)

SpiderPig
22nd June, 2008, 09:36 PM
I use a Technisat Skystar 2.
Runs with gbox and opens everything.
You can get them from ebay for about 40 quid.

zebeto2000
27th June, 2008, 05:11 PM
I use a Technisat Skystar 2, and works very well with progdvb

frankharrison
28th June, 2008, 10:55 AM
I've seen these cards on sale.

Can you use them on a motorised dish and can you record with them?

2 questions really

Frank

lorrebreaker
28th June, 2008, 12:49 PM
You can definately record from them as i do exactly that using a Hauppauge WinTV Nova DVB-S. I've not tried it on the motorised dish (just using it on the sky dish so far)

Using GBPVR or DVB Dream and i can schedule recordings, works flawlessly ....... so far.

SpiderPig
29th June, 2008, 09:30 PM
You can use them on a motorised mount yes.
The diseq settings are a bit tricky to set up but they do work.

tomcat415
3rd July, 2008, 01:00 AM
there is the new HD skystar2 out as well The SkyStar HD2 is a TV card for your PC that allows you to receive TV broadcasts in both PAL and HDTV formats. The abbreviation HDTV stands for High Definition TV. This is a worldwide digital TV standard that provides sharp contours, rich colours and tremendous depth. In addition, HDTV broadcasts very often provide impressive surround sound. Naturally, the SkyStar HD2 also supports Dolby AC 3.

<--tomcat415 added 2 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...-->

And CableStar HD 2 CableStar HD 2 HDTV card you will experience television in its new dimension. In addition to the TV and radio programmes of conventional television broadcasts with the Cable Star HD 2, you will also receive via cable the brilliant image and sound worlds of new High Definition Television (HDTV). HDTV offers televiewing pleasure of a hitherto unknown quality. The crystal-clear pictures are richer in detail, the colours are fuller and the contours sharper. The high sound quality provides an excellent, room-filling sound.