PDA

View Full Version : Problem setting sat side up

Bulld0g
20th May, 2009, 04:59 PM
Ok Got my OM box today. I set the cable side up no problem but i'm having some probs setting the sat side up. I unplugged my tm5400 with the dish pointed at Astra 28.2E i connected the OM box and went into motor config and entered my lat and long. Then went to Automatic multisat scan , scanned Astra 28.2 Tuner locks and it picked up channels. Then it asks do you want to scan another satellite and when i pick another sat it says motor is turning please wait. but the motor doesn't turn, and the message just stays onscreen.

I flashed the Nabilosat image onto it. The co-ax is connected to the box well. I've only had a TM before this so i'm a bit ~~~~ed lol. So can someone can help me out :)

EDIT It has started scanning now. I don't know why. i'll see how i get on

Bulld0g
20th May, 2009, 07:07 PM
Well it had to happen didn't it. The box wont boot up. I flashed a new image PLi Jade2 Enigma1 to it and the screen went blank. It seemed to flash ok but the screen went blank so i turned it off after a couple ofminutes and when i swtitched it back on, nothing.
Theres just a green light and if i press the remote nothing happens neither.I haven't got a pc so i ftp'd the image wirelessly and followed the onscreen instructions. Have i broke all records and killed it within a couple of hours or can i get the sat side back up and running.

aftermath
20th May, 2009, 07:12 PM
bad flash mate, you will have to flash with dreamup and a null modem cable same as a dm500, then flash your Pli image again after that.

Bulld0g
20th May, 2009, 07:16 PM
Ahhh bollox :( Thanks m8 i need to get to a pc now. Is the nullmodem cable a straight or xover. Will the one that does starview boxes do ?

aftermath
20th May, 2009, 07:23 PM
null modem cable is neither.

you can get usb to seriel like in the pic , or just a seriel cable like the plug on the right hand side, 1 side is male pins, and the other side is female sockets..

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff308/aftermath_0377/2081_1.jpg

Bulld0g
20th May, 2009, 07:42 PM
I was thinking of an ethernet xover for some reason lol. I've got a usb to rs232 as in the pic m8. I've just tried it in 3 different usb ports and it recognizes them in Dreamup but when it says connection prepared switch on dreambox nothing happens. It doesn't connect. The box stays greyed out and theres no more text in the logbox. Any idea m8.

Bulld0g
20th May, 2009, 08:43 PM
Ok back up again ;) Thanks AM

.: JaCkPoT :.
21st May, 2009, 09:30 AM
Ok back up again ;) Thanks AM

a sigh of relief!