PDA

View Full Version : diy/gardening

andy4
20th May, 2009, 08:24 PM
any chance we can start up a diy thread or gardening thread
or both as they are 2 most popular past times

Devilfish
21st May, 2009, 06:19 PM
This has come up before. I try not to add too many sections that take away the general niche of the forum.

But as always, I'm open to suggestions. Maybe call it 'Home Improvements".

We'll see what others think first though.

thered
21st May, 2009, 07:15 PM
sounds like a good idea to me im into diy myself and will have a bash at most things,it could help for tips and advice

.: JaCkPoT :.
21st May, 2009, 10:04 PM
i hate forums with too many sections! so hard to navigate and the main reason of the forum is also lost!

opsmonkey
31st May, 2009, 05:50 PM
all these things like gardening, fish tanks & DIY etc dont need their own forums, just make a thread in the general chat forum.. if they become really popular then maybe they could be a sticky..

at the end of the day this is a digital forum with a general section.. not the other way around

andy4
6th June, 2009, 01:37 PM
all these things like gardening, fish tanks & DIY etc dont need their own forums, just make a thread in the general chat forum.. if they become really popular then maybe they could be a sticky..

at the end of the day this is a digital forum with a general section.. not the other way around

if this is a digital forum why do we have a garage/recipes/ufo/comedy/sport & news-currant affairs there nothing to do with digital

.: JaCkPoT :.
7th June, 2009, 11:22 PM
You point is true...thats all i can say with No defence lol il let the team answer that!

opsmonkey
7th June, 2009, 11:30 PM
im a qualified football referee and a football coach, im also a parent.. why not have sections for them...???

because if we had a section for every pastime then the forum would be massive and not navigation friendly..

this is a digital forum with selected off shoots.. if you want to chat diy.. join a diy forum as well as hanging here.. you will get better taylored help..

thats my 2 cents worth ;)

andy4
8th June, 2009, 11:11 AM
im a qualified football referee and a football coach, im also a parent.. why not have sections for them...???

because if we had a section for every pastime then the forum would be massive and not navigation friendly..

this is a digital forum with selected off shoots.. if you want to chat diy.. join a diy forum as well as hanging here.. you will get better taylored help..

thats my 2 cents worth ;)

ops why not just admit you don't like diy or gardening m8
then you can leave this thread alone lol

opsmonkey
8th June, 2009, 11:35 PM
ops why not just admit you don't like diy or gardening m8
then you can leave this thread alone lol

lol.. you got me...

there are excellent sections in the Yellow Pages to cover these chores..

Builders
Painters & Decorators
Carpenters & Joinery
Plumbers
Electricians
Garden Services
Handymen

andy4
9th June, 2009, 11:12 AM
i don't need any help on these matter's
just thought it wud be ok for those who av little or no knowledge on these subjects?