PDA

View Full Version : DPF as part of mot for UK

wiseman
8th December, 2013, 12:42 PM
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-rules-for-mot-to-test-for-diesel-particulate-filter

ominimicu
8th December, 2013, 01:03 PM
Very good info. similar to SPanish law ! which i remind it says DPF is mandatory for EURo4 and above vehciles..which was introduced in 2008...therefore all DPF vehicles produced before 2008 can remove it.

Just like in the UK case, they need to see the DPF on, if you remove inisdes and put it back on..removing regeneration and post injection. it will still pass MOT!

bondiblu
8th December, 2013, 01:08 PM
It was only a matter of time ..... I'll post this on other forums

sokisoki3
8th December, 2013, 06:03 PM
dpf box must be in place. NObody will check is it full or empty

pulsar2000
8th December, 2013, 06:06 PM
Very good info. similar to SPanish law ! which i remind it says DPF is mandatory for EURo4 and above vehciles..which was introduced in 2008...therefore all DPF vehicles produced before 2008 can remove it.

Just like in the UK case, they need to see the DPF on, if you remove inisdes and put it back on..removing regeneration and post injection. it will still pass MOT!

Yes Visual Only. so if its been removed and bypassed a fail, even if they see weld still pass, thats what im told, by someone inside VOSA, so Visual only, No dramas,,,,

seba6772
8th December, 2013, 06:35 PM
What with smoke test? In Poland we check diesel engines with smoke meter

pulsar2000
8th December, 2013, 07:17 PM
yes still smoke test, in uk, as always :<

gttuning
8th December, 2013, 08:38 PM
in ireland they talking that if you remove dpf,you do modification to car.problem is that if you getting car insurance they ask you if the car was modify if you say no ITS NOT TRUE ,Insurance is saying that this will cause loosing your insurance in case of accident,

smokey08
9th December, 2013, 12:18 AM
I dont think this will make any difference to an MOT test. How many times have you removed the cat and DPF together? It is already a failure in the testing manual if "A catalytic converter missing where one was fitted as standard."

ominimicu
9th December, 2013, 12:24 AM
so far we are good. but i heard soon common workshops will be able to do MOT insepctions if equippeed with necessary equipment...so fault goes to workshop tah tinspected the car.
ASlo soon they will provide Diag tools and make a full diag check mandatory!

seba6772
10th December, 2013, 09:58 AM
In Poland we use diagnose only on petrol engines

Wysyłane z mojego LG-P880 za pomocą Tapatalk 2