PDA

View Full Version : Which VU+ to choose

akhlaq768
9th December, 2013, 02:46 PM
Currently I have a SKYBOX f3 set up and want to explore the world of VU+ boxes. I?ve read so many good praises for these boxes.

I?m currently stuck in deciding which version to choose.

So these are my request and hopefully someone can tell me which box is best suited to me?

Be able to record TV and watch another program
Schedule recording of programs
Pause TV
Rewind TV

I guess the above are similar feature of the legit SLY boxes.

Just wondering if this is possible, use the box for Satellite and Cable??? I saw somewhere on YouTube that the connections at the back of the box can be changed, meaning the box will potentially be future proof!!!Currently I have a SKYBOX f3 set up and want to explore the world of VU+ boxes. I?ve read so many good praises for these boxes.

I?m currently stuck in deciding which version to choose.

So these are my request and hopefully someone can tell me which box is best suited to me?

Be able to record TV and watch another program
Schedule recording of programs
Pause TV
Rewind TV

I guess the above are similar feature of the legit SLY boxes.

Just wondering if this is possible, use the box for Satellite and Cable??? I saw somewhere on YouTube that the connections at the back of the box can be changed, meaning the box will potentially be future proof!!!

NICETOBNICE
9th December, 2013, 07:29 PM
Well' I just purchased a vu+solo2 and think its superb to be honest' i have installed my 500gb 2.5" HDD so it records and pauses live tv' it also will rewind live tv .
It has twin tuners and a rapid 1400mhz processor its awesome trust me.

I had a vu+duo for a while it was good compared to my dm800hd.

akhlaq768
9th December, 2013, 08:22 PM
What is the concept behind twin tuner? What does is mean or what does it allow you to do? ?

cactikid
9th December, 2013, 10:48 PM
twin tuner means 2 sat cable feeds as you can watch one channel and record an other,bit like the sky+hd boxes,for recording a twin tuner box is needed

happy_highlander
9th December, 2013, 11:25 PM
To use the sat and cable function you are restricted to the uno, ultimo and duo2. Only these three boxes in the VU+ range have plug and play tuners capable of this and yes they will also do all the other things you want as well. You are going to be looking at buying a box then purchasing the tuner seperate that will give you the cable function as well as sat. But to be honest if you do that with the uno you will only have single tuner sat which won't allow you to record one and watch another (in the true sense). Both the Ultimo and duo2 can support more than two tuners giving you the option of twin tuner sat and a cable tuner but you are looking at ?470 for a duo2 with twin sat tuner and single cable and around ?380 for Ultimo with the same setup

blueflash234
10th December, 2013, 09:21 PM
what you need is not a vu but a gigablue quad it comes with 2 x sat tuners then you can put buy 2 other tuners for cable and freeview and it will do all you want on your list