PDA

View Full Version : HOW READ Some MCU by UART protocol??

ruffles1986
13th December, 2013, 05:36 PM
Hi mates. I read on web some info about protocol UART TXD RXD, and now i have some questions

In first place, is possible to read/write some Mcu by UART protocol? (Carprog use this protocol, no?) i see some pinouts of several MCU and have PIN to RXD TXD RST VSS VPP, then theoretically is possible read by UART. (hc05,hc08,hc11, nec 780xxx)

Second, if this is possible then can use USB converter to RS232 TTL to read/write this Pics? USB 2.0 To TTL Serial Converter UART 6PIN Module CP2102 Gift Dupont Cable -in Other Electronic Components from Electronic Components & Supplies on Aliexpress.com (http://www.aliexpress.com/item/USB-2-0-To-TTL-Serial-Converter-UART-6PIN-Module-CP2102-Gift-Dupont-Cable/1031516857.html)

Third, is this USB converter to RS232 TTL compatible with Liczcinz 4.8? (This look similar)

Fourth question, exist software to read/wite this Pics by UART protocol using this dirt-cheap USB to TTL converter?

Im interinsting on this beacuse is very cheap, very little and very simple procedure if can do it.

Thanks for replys

aceton
3rd January, 2014, 12:09 PM
If You have tits it means that You can breast-feed ?
Everybody who have legs can walk ?

tehnosoftex
5th January, 2014, 06:36 PM
Hi, almost all MCUs has UART pins but you can read the internal flash by UART, only if the producer has implemented a mechanism for this. If not, these pins are use for communications between MCU and other peripherals. For accessing internal flash, every manufacturer implement their own mechanism which is explained in the mcu datasheet.

xoom
9th January, 2014, 01:49 PM
or simply they can be used as I/O pins. But i readed that those STC12C2052 are programmable via uart.. but those mcu's are modified 8051 arch. MCU. Used it VCDS cables :))