PDA

View Full Version : Advice on BEST programmer for all auto repair work

electronicar
14th December, 2013, 12:34 AM
Hi Guys

Please advise on which is the best programmer for auto repair work, from "all keys lost" to chip tuning etc, thx:smile:

electronicar
14th December, 2013, 01:18 AM
I'm ordering Carprog 5.46 and would like to add X-Prog or UPA-USB to my toolbox but can't decide between the two or is there any other suggestions? Please advise, thx :)

keygargoil
14th December, 2013, 01:29 AM
you will need a lo9t more tools for programming keys and reading fladh from ecu

electronicar
14th December, 2013, 11:03 PM
So what would you suggest, what do you have to do at least 80% of cars? Im not asking about diagnostic tools, just hard-core programming, where there's money to be made if i'm willing to remove chips etc. I am doing ECU hardware repairs but i've never really bothered reading/writing eproms, flash etc

zoro1
15th December, 2013, 12:59 PM
Batronix 48 +adapters ,Xprog for Motorolla or ETL for motorolla /omega is 3000euro.../FTech 2 for BDM mtricore etc.-all you need.

electronicar
16th December, 2013, 12:47 AM
@zoro1 - can you recommend a supplier? Im not sure my budget allows this, but i would like to check it out, thx :joyous:

siyadk
16th December, 2013, 02:01 AM
Start with xprog and upa(red) from china since u r on the low budget..

If u can't come up with money to buy both clones, then my kind advice would be don't enter in this field

zoro1
16th December, 2013, 08:48 AM
Eprom Programmer - BX40 Bagero II (http://www.batronix.com/shop/programmer/BX40/index.html)
Here is batronix ,original one.For x-prog -e-bay or alibaba for 50 USD there is good clones.Galleto 2 from there too I take for 80 USD ,working one with small mod -cahinging 3 resistors.ETL are 4 types -but they car read locked Motorolla.X-prog for start is good tool inside list is motorolla too.For 500USD you hawe tools for good start!Remember that your brain is the best tool you have!!!

electronicar
16th December, 2013, 12:10 PM
Thx so much guys, there is this UPA..2013 NEWEST UPA-USB UPA USB PROGRAMMER with Full Adapters 25 Adapters (http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-NEWEST-UPA-USB-UPA-USB-PROGRAMMER-with-Full-Adapters-25-Adapters-/140882752421?pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&hash=item20cd4433a5&vxp=mtr) and this xprog Quality A Latest Version X-PROG Box ECU Programmer XPROG M V5.48 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Quality-A-Latest-Version-X-PROG-Box-ECU-Programmer-XPROG-M-V5-48-/190964429904?pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&hash=item2c765df450&vxp=mtr) I am looking at these because they seem to be the highest versions, wil this be a fair start to my business?

digitaltech
16th December, 2013, 07:04 PM
stop wasting every1s time, go to dk forums and read back last 50 pages of topics in all relevant forums that would be a fair start.

electronicar
16th December, 2013, 10:47 PM
stop wasting every1s time, go to dk forums and read back last 50 pages of topics in all relevant forums that would be a fair start.

@digitaltech - If u can help then do so, if u can't then pleeeeeez don't waste my time either. There are good people here who help newbies like me, there's absolutely no obligation to help:eek:

dimet
16th December, 2013, 11:54 PM
I'm ordering Carprog 5.46 and would like to add X-Prog or UPA-USB to my toolbox but can't decide between the two or is there any other suggestions? Please advise, thx :)

I recommend first upa-usb

electronicar
17th December, 2013, 03:29 PM
Thx dimet, much appreciated. Im ordering a few things today, at least with everyone's guidance here the risk is minimised, thx again :top:

Faraday
17th December, 2013, 05:56 PM
upa-usb, xprog and universal programer like beeprog is the must.

dimet
18th December, 2013, 02:50 PM
Thx dimet, much appreciated. Im ordering a few things today, at least with everyone's guidance here the risk is minimised, thx again :top:

I use also like universal programmer GALEP5 but is expensive programmer. And you need ETL programmers to read security mcu's.I am not satisfied with XPROG.

hass42
19th December, 2013, 04:14 PM
UPA original not much more money and much better than china garbage, I purchased UPA original but bought china adapters which is working out ok for me. X-Prog is great when and try MCUmall Electronics Inc. A low cost EPROM EEPROM Atmel PIC I2C SPI programmer online store (http://www.mcumall.com/comersus/store/comersus_dynamicIndex.asp) they have great selections for good reliable programmers for budget.