PDA

View Full Version : 103 years young ive loves to twitter

gmb45
22nd May, 2009, 03:54 AM
hey zap bet she could show u how to set up your dbox :roflmao:

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/gmb45/albums/smilies/969-tweet-682-803285a.jpg

SILVER surfer Ivy Bean has become the oldest UK user of Twitter - at 103.

The great gran decided to join the social networking site after getting BORED with Facebook, where she had built up 4,800 friends.

She proudly told her web readers yesterday: "I'm enjoying Twitter and having my photo taken - and I'm looking forward to Deal Or No Deal."

Ex-mill worker Ivy got a helping hand to smooth her switch to Twitter by calling in IT experts The Geek Squad.

Boss Martin Dix said: "It's brilliant to help someone as inspirational as Ivy to get started and teach her about Twitter.

"She's already signed up to Facebook with 4,800 friends.

"She shows others that you shouldn't be frightened of technology."

Ivy's enthusiasm is spreading among her friends at Hillside Manor care home in Bradford, West Yorks.

Manager Pat Wright said: "All the residents are taking a leaf out of her book.

"Four signed up for computer college.

"Others have joined Facebook or surf the net and enjoy themselves with ten-pin bowling on the games console." Twitter membership figures are soaring, thanks to its popularity with celebrities such as US President Barack Obama, singer Britney Spears and TV star Stephen Fry.

It appeals to youngsters because its snappy instant message system can spread idle chit-chat among a worldwide audience.

But recent figures showed that people aged 45 to 54 are the site's leading users.

The Geek Squad has dubbed today Silver Surfers' Day.

It aims to use it to encourage more elderly people to get online and start connecting with friends and family around the globe.