PDA

View Full Version : Boxes without the need to do anything

dan20leeds
22nd May, 2009, 12:15 PM
Simple question, are there any boxes where i dont have to flash anything or update with the latest firmware?

gmb45
22nd May, 2009, 12:22 PM
Simple question, are there any boxes where i dont have to flash anything or update with the latest firmware?no m8 newboxes if brought from a legit company will only come with fta on them

dan20leeds
22nd May, 2009, 12:27 PM
ok but is it easy steps to update them to get channels on? how long will the channels stay on there for and is it any channel i can then receive? would you reccomend which box i buy? thanks

gmb45
22nd May, 2009, 12:38 PM
ok but is it easy steps to update them to get channels on? how long will the channels stay on there for and is it any channel i can then receive? would you reccomend which box i buy? thanksdepends, some easier than others, the kryptview is 1 of the best supported for firmware and fairly easy so set up,as for how long the channels will stay for is anyones guess could be months a year or weeks no 1 knows, before u buy a box have a good read through the forums, any questions ask them in the relevent forum the best answers, an welcome to dk

cgscott
22nd May, 2009, 03:30 PM
Simple question, are there any boxes where i dont have to flash anything or update with the latest firmware?

I would recommend getting a dreambox as and if things do change these can easy be recoded with all types of images. Plus they also can do more than just get channels.

Record to pc, stream on net etc.

With a little bit of guidance from peeps on the forum you will be an expert in no time.

gazza2008
22nd May, 2009, 08:19 PM
I would recommend getting a dreambox as and if things do change these can easy be recoded with all types of images. Plus they also can do more than just get channels.

Record to pc, stream on net etc.

With a little bit of guidance from peeps on the forum you will be an expert in no time.

er yea ok m8

u can guide us then m8...as u r an expert haha.....

if i eva get 1 am coming 2 u with it..... :D

mtv1
22nd May, 2009, 08:22 PM
talking to m8 in cork he has new and old starview old working usb one not we tried manually inputting keys no luck but we will not give up

gazza2008
22nd May, 2009, 08:36 PM
talking to m8 in cork he has new and old starview old working usb one not we tried manually inputting keys no luck but we will not give up

MTV i have heard that the old 1 is meant 2 be workin.........the firmware 4 the usb is not meant 2 be compatable with the nagra system...

inputting the k*** wont make any difference m8....

u say the old SV is workin.... how many channels does he have

dan20leeds
22nd May, 2009, 09:24 PM
ordered kryptview, good choice?

angeline
26th May, 2009, 09:18 PM
hi all iam mybe looking at things before they happen but ive just got my self the new kryptveiw evo 750 and everthings fine but can anybody tell me how to sort them if they go down thanks

wilf
26th May, 2009, 09:48 PM
If you save digital kaos in favourites then come back and download and then reflash it with a new or updated firmware, they usually come out less than 24hours after they go down, i have had these boxes since they first came on the market and the longest wait for firmware was 18hours so you can see that the support from these guys is first class.

psats
26th May, 2009, 11:38 PM

there called virgin media box,s

breeza b
27th June, 2009, 09:36 PM
there called virgin media box,s

:cheer::cheer: hahahaha love it!!

Marse
27th June, 2009, 09:46 PM
Just got a Krytview. The colour is off, has anyone else seen this?

satsmo
27th June, 2009, 10:11 PM
Make sure you are set to PAL. You will see a button on the remote to select this option or via settings in the menu. Also make sure your scart is secure at both box and TV if you are using one.