PDA

View Full Version : Valet Methods & Cleaning Tools

Street Hawk
22nd May, 2009, 12:23 PM
Ok question for all you people who love looking after your cars..
I recently baught a Ford Galaxy the previous owner was a heavy smoker by the looks of things, as there is a heavy smell of tobbaco withing the interior of the car. so a good cleaner would be right up my street, probley an industrial cleaner of some sort? which is safe to use without damaging me motor.

the interior is clean tidy & good condition & is not leather interior just good old fabric.. my mission now is to get rid of the ciggy smell period!

I am looking for methods & ways of completing my mission.. and so far i have been armed with a Vax Wet/Dry & a Steam Cleaner. I have tried with both, the Vax for the seats & the steam cleaner for the roof interior. after using both of these the smell is still there but not as strong as before but enough to still be annoying to wanna get rid of it for good.

I am not sure what would be the best cleaning method or cleaning solution to use to bring out the tabbaco smell? and i have also found that the hardest part of the car to clean on any car i have owned has been around the door handles the little alcove there where the fancy little fabric sits, its in a awkward position to get anything in to clean it with properly.

any tips on the best cleaning soloutions? maybe spray on the fabrics? seats,roof fabric, etc or another cleaning method altogether? (thats long lasting and holds that fresh new car smell after you have used it????).

Any idea's would be extremely appriciated as this is now driving me nuts & i like to keep my car clean!

Thanks in Advance

Street. :D

teerak2uk
23rd May, 2009, 12:12 AM
I use a fog machine alot of the time for eggy air con systems + it kills the germs that produce the smell i bet it would sort the problem you are having

Street Hawk
23rd May, 2009, 08:20 PM
Hi teerak2uk umm "Fog Machine" ? sorry i am not sure what your mean by that & how i would go about searching for it? is it expensive to buy?
could i get this done at a garage or somewhere ?
sounds like a great idea.. if i knew alitte more about it etc.. any info u could provide would be great :-)
thanks in advance.

teerak2uk
23rd May, 2009, 11:04 PM
i will get the info from mine and post a link to their site

regards

teerak2uk
24th May, 2009, 08:23 AM
Here is the machine i use
DEODORISING MACHINE (http://www.fog-it.co.uk/index.htm)

regards

Street Hawk
25th May, 2009, 09:52 AM
Hey, Teerak2uk

thanks for the fast response, i haved just taken a look at the info you gave me, and the price is really reasonable which is Great !!! thanks for the info im off to order one now :-) hopefully get it soon :D thanks for your help buddy.

huge thanks...

Street Hawk

teerak2uk
25th May, 2009, 03:25 PM
np anytime best thing to do is have the vehicle running and the heating on cold and circulate as alot of the smell will be nicotine in the air ducting and fabric sometimes you may have to do it twice

regards

Street Hawk
26th May, 2009, 01:28 PM
As soon as i get the Fogit ill give that a go, fingers crossed it will sort it right out :-)
thanks again.