PDA

View Full Version : tomtom xl freezing

yamar1
22nd May, 2009, 08:54 PM
had this for about 18 months now, since it was new usualy when first turning it on it will freeze on the start up screen, have to reset using a paperclip, even then it takes a couple of atempts, realy frustrating when you want to go someware fast. I should have sent it back to amazon but never bothered, iv tried upgrading the firmware to no avail,, i only use the tomtom once every couple of months, does that matter???

biker1
7th June, 2009, 08:37 AM
Have you tried a hard reset?...That is, hold the reset button for 30 seconds. Or try TomToms clearflash tool...Usually works for freezing TomToms.

yamar1
11th June, 2009, 03:21 PM
Have you tried a hard reset?...That is, hold the reset button for 30 seconds. Or try TomToms clearflash tool...Usually works for freezing TomToms.

sorry forgot about this thread,, whats the clearflash tool, cos it seems to be getting worse, 25 mins to get it going today reset button pressed etc, and i hardly use the damn thing.

porche944
12th June, 2009, 12:19 PM
sorry forgot about this thread,, whats the clearflash tool, cos it seems to be getting worse, 25 mins to get it going today reset button pressed etc, and i hardly use the damn thing.

Here is the link from TomTom, its a free download. I don't think this will fix your problem. Best to raise a support call with TomTom and get them to have a look at it. I suspect a you will get a new unit. But you have to tell them how long it takes to freeze.

Good luck.

TomTom, portable GPS car navigation systems - Support home - Select your product (http://uk.support.tomtom.com/cgi-bin/tomtom_uk.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=6178&p_created=1158056419&p_sid=_5D9W9Aj&prod_lvl1=&prod_lvl2=&cat_lvl1=&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX 3Jvd19jbnQ9MywzJnBfcHJvZHM9JnBfY2F0cz0mcF9wdj0mcF9 jdj0mcF9wYWdlPTEmcF9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD1jbGVhcmZsYXNo&p_li=&p_topview=1)

yamar1
13th June, 2009, 04:28 PM
Here is the link from TomTom, its a free download. I don't think this will fix your problem. Best to raise a support call with TomTom and get them to have a look at it. I suspect a you will get a new unit. But you have to tell them how long it takes to freeze.

Good luck.

TomTom, portable GPS car navigation systems - Support home - Select your product (http://uk.support.tomtom.com/cgi-bin/tomtom_uk.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=6178&p_created=1158056419&p_sid=_5D9W9Aj&prod_lvl1=&prod_lvl2=&cat_lvl1=&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX 3Jvd19jbnQ9MywzJnBfcHJvZHM9JnBfY2F0cz0mcF9wdj0mcF9 jdj0mcF9wYWdlPTEmcF9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD1jbGVhcmZsYXNo&p_li=&p_topview=1)

done the clearflash, and upgraded the firmware its spot on now, from switching it on takes about 10 secs and its locked on a sat, no freezing either. Realy pleased with it now Thanks for the top advice lads.:D:D