PDA

View Full Version : Need help to set up Solo2 please.. I'm feeling stupid.

geo209
19th December, 2013, 03:41 PM
Hi guys, after trying out things with a Skybox F5s and going ok I ordered and just received my solo2 box a few hours ago and for the life of me can't figure it out (maybe I'm getting too old) I'm no stranger to tinkering with things like jailbroken iOS and rooting Androids etc. so this is just making feel stupid, like I'm missing something obvious..

I initially done an automatic scan for channels which it seemed to find when searching 875+ channels found but none of them seemed to save and my EPG was empty - I'm not sure what my Tuner Settings should be?? (Simple, single, advanced, etc?) I'm pointing at 28.2E with my Sky dish and looking to use dual tuner like Sky+.

I've managed to flash the latest Black Hole image to it and access the box files via FTP successfully.

All I really want just now is to get a sky numbered channel list working - even if its only the FTA channels for now, then I will figure out my CCCam, etc. Like i said, I was running Skybox F5s but this is a different animal :'(

Cheers

**UPDATE** - I've managed to get some channels working but the EPG is a total mess, jut trying to figure out how to neaten it up and get the Sky numbers now...

digicon
19th December, 2013, 04:39 PM
You need to read every guide that is in the Dreambox Enigma2 section as well as any guides in the Vu+ section as they are all relevant.

Linux Enigma2 is not just a walk in the park to setup correctly from scratch some major reading is needed on the different guides which eventually will see you through

Kerrmuir
5th January, 2014, 02:20 AM
I have bought a VU+ Solo2 also, just waiting for it to arrive.

Any tips on setting it up you may have please let me know.
I have been looking on YouTube for tutorials and the are some good tips there. ..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

intel
10th January, 2014, 12:32 AM
I have bought a VU+ Solo2 also, just waiting for it to arrive.

Blackhole 2.0.8 works well on my Solo 2 :) but if its a clone then you will have to load 2.0.7 as they have clone detection built into 2.0.8
but no doubt there will be a patched version to overcome that.

Mr S
10th January, 2014, 03:46 PM
not clone detection but rather the new images have updated drivers which aren't compatible yet