PDA

View Full Version : Golf 4 RB8 pin

omi1980
20th December, 2013, 11:08 PM
Hello
Can somebody calculate pin for my Please?

I have 2 times try and for my come 01963

Thanks

simaservis1108
20th December, 2013, 11:27 PM
01963 or 03533.
What is mileage on dash?

keygargoil
21st December, 2013, 01:05 AM
check lock times there is usually at least 10 mins security wait if you took the clocks out on the rb8 and pin code is 01963
3 keys programmed

omi1980
21st December, 2013, 09:16 AM
01963 or 03533.
What is mileage on dash?

There is around 198000km.I try with 01963 and dosn work.Ecu is broken and and can not swap new one.

autofan1965
21st December, 2013, 06:56 PM
When ecu dont respond and immo generation is 3 and up you cant program key with diagnostic way. Connect any ecu and try learn transponder.

omi1980
21st December, 2013, 09:35 PM
Maybe I ask wrong.Now I have new Ecu(used)Ecu is with same number what old broken one.That is Magnetti Marelli one.This is Immo 3 generation.Like i see roos wiki i must have both Pin from new Ecu(used one) and from old one ??

Engine Control Unit (ECU) Swapping (USED ECU) Prerequisites:

The REPLACEMENT (USED) ECU is installed in the car.
Battery voltage at least 12.5 V.
All relevant coding and adaptation values have been transferred from the ORIGINAL (OLD) ECU to the REPLACEMENT (USED) ECU.
Make sure to have BOTH PIN's, from the ORIGINAL (OLD) and the REPLACEMENT (USED) ECU.
Make sure to have the Radio Code (for factory radios only).

[Select]
[01 - Engine]

[Login - 11]
For the following procedure, use the PIN of the REPLACEMENT (USED) ECU.

4-digit PIN

The PIN needs to be entered as 5-digit number in the New Value box. For example, if your PIN is 1234, enter 01234.

[Do it!]

[Adaptation - 10]
Enter 050 in "Channel Number".
[Read]
For the following procedure, use the PIN of the ORIGINAL (OLD) ECU.

4-digit PIN

The PIN needs to be entered as 5-digit number. For example, if your PIN is 1234, enter 01234.

[Test]

The values may change to "32000", this is normal

[Save]
[Done, Go Back]
[Close Controller, Go Back -

When somebody have better Idea how i can Swap this ECU Please help my.

Thanks

ruffles1986
21st December, 2013, 10:01 PM
Maybe I ask wrong.Now I have new Ecu(used)Ecu is with same number what old broken one.That is Magnetti Marelli one.This is Immo 3 generation.Like i see roos wiki i must have both Pin from new Ecu(used one) and from old one ??

Engine Control Unit (ECU) Swapping (USED ECU)

Prerequisites:

The REPLACEMENT (USED) ECU is installed in the car.
Battery voltage at least 12.5 V.
All relevant coding and adaptation values have been transferred from the ORIGINAL (OLD) ECU to the REPLACEMENT (USED) ECU.
Make sure to have BOTH PIN's, from the ORIGINAL (OLD) and the REPLACEMENT (USED) ECU.
Make sure to have the Radio Code (for factory radios only).

[Select]
[01 - Engine]

[Login - 11]
For the following procedure, use the PIN of the REPLACEMENT (USED) ECU.

4-digit PIN

The PIN needs to be entered as 5-digit number in the New Value box. For example, if your PIN is 1234, enter 01234.

[Do it!]

[Adaptation - 10]
Enter 050 in "Channel Number".
[Read]
For the following procedure, use the PIN of the ORIGINAL (OLD) ECU.

4-digit PIN

The PIN needs to be entered as 5-digit number. For example, if your PIN is 1234, enter 01234.

[Test]

The values may change to "32000", this is normal

[Save]
[Done, Go Back]
[Close Controller, Go Back -

When somebody have better Idea how i can Swap this ECU Please help my.

Thanks

Yesterday i adapt a vag ecu (with VCDS) with this process and no problem.
Check eeprom from used Ecu, can you see Vin from used ecu when connecting to ecu?
Check lock times, not remember good... i think was channel 024, i need wait 20 minuts to unlock securiy time (ignition ON), if time is not unlocked you have incorrect pin message.

PD. i connect now dash in bench to check channel for look security times, [25-Inmovilizer] channel 003 you can see lock time inmovilizer, engine lock time, and transponder lock time, in my dash from Leon 1P i can see in display message "SAFE" but in Seat Ibiza 6L yesterdey i readapt i not have this message

omi1980
22nd December, 2013, 12:31 AM
Yesterday i adapt a vag ecu (with VCDS) with this process and no problem.
Check eeprom from used Ecu, can you see Vin from used ecu when connecting to ecu?
Check lock times, not remember good... i think was channel 024, i need wait 20 minuts to unlock securiy time (ignition ON), if time is not unlocked you have incorrect pin message.

PD. i connect now dash in bench to check channel for look security times, [25-Inmovilizer] channel 003 you can see lock time inmovilizer, engine lock time, and transponder lock time, in my dash from Leon 1P i can see in display message "SAFE" but in Seat Ibiza 6L yesterdey i readapt i not have this message

Ecu new is 100% good.Vin ok

Are you have two pin from new and old ecu ,or just from old ecu???

ruffles1986
22nd December, 2013, 03:24 AM
Ecu new is 100% good.Vin ok

Are you have two pin from new and old ecu ,or just from old ecu???

You need pin from new ecu and pin from dash(old ecu pin is the same code), when you do the adapt Vin, Pin and Keys are copy from dash to Ecu, but is important lock times, if you have lock time the adapt not will be made.
Remember see chanel 024 from instrument, and chanel 003 from inmovilizer to see lock times.
When you have error message? when do login in engine or when you do adaptation?
if you have error after check lock times then upload eeprom files from instrument and from ecu