PDA

View Full Version : Immo Experts, please enter

ercfathi
22nd December, 2013, 10:40 PM
After uploading Immo Off\Virgin file to security EPROM do i have to flash the ECU?

why i ask this question? well i have a Kia Cerato with Immo problem, i got a trusted dump file, uploaded the file on the Immo EPROM yet the car wont start.

went to an expert, he did the job and i paid him a lot, i took the ECU home and copied the file on another ECU i have. (i did this before i even test the one he repaired on my car)

the one he fixed work, the one i copied Immo data on didn't work, both hex files are identical, both ECUs are same and not damaged.

any one can tell me why?

ruffles1986
22nd December, 2013, 10:59 PM
After uploading Immo Off\Virgin file to security EPROM do i have to flash the ECU?

why i ask this question? well i have a Kia Cerato with Immo problem, i got a trusted dump file, uploaded the file on the Immo EPROM yet the car wont start.

went to an expert, he did the job and i paid him a lot, i took the ECU home and copied the file on another ECU i have. (i did this before i even test the one he repaired on my car)

the one he fixed work, the one i copied Immo data on didn't work, both hex files are identical, both ECUs are same and not damaged.

any one can tell me why?
Maybe you have EDC17 ecu with OTP area, and immo data is vinculated to them

ercfathi
22nd December, 2013, 11:07 PM
i think not, what i'm sure he removed a SOP 8 EPROM, program it and installed back. there is something else he did, what is it ? i don't know !

Maybe you have EDC17 ecu with OTP area, and immo data is vinculated to them

cristyand
23rd December, 2013, 12:35 AM
Give more details about your car, ecu type etc......

ercfathi
23rd December, 2013, 08:32 AM
Car Make: KIA
Car Model: Cerato 1.6 Petrol
ECU: KEFICO \ B208 \ 39124-2B080 \ Licence Bosch \ MG7.9.8

Give more details about your car, ecu type etc......

ercfathi
23rd December, 2013, 05:26 PM
Any thoughts?