PDA

View Full Version : Help with no communication Golf ABS module

ianboyle
23rd December, 2013, 03:46 PM
Hey wondering if many people have seen this issue. I have Golf Mk V 2007 1.4L petrol, while driving the dash warning lights for ABS, Engine and Steering came on. Codes checked and getting 01316 No signal with ABS control module. On trying to connect using Vag-com to ABS unit it fails with a module not found warning. First thing I did was check all fuses and they are all good. Then disconnected plug from ABS module and checked that the ground and 12v pins on the plug are good using the wiring diagram supplied by AD. At this point I'm thinking that the PCB could have an issue, so had a little look and was wondering if the deep well of collective knowledge present here might have some helpful insight for a noobie who is very interested in learning more about PCB repairs. Thanks in advance.

llcoola
24th December, 2013, 07:02 AM
hello, try to weld plate and change of quartz protsesor.what is the smallest EEPROM

k0mpresd
24th December, 2013, 10:09 AM
ate modules have faults where pins from the connector meet pcb. look for broken joints and resolder. if you cant see any broken joints, reflow each pinned connection.

jp_olli
24th December, 2013, 12:56 PM
Have you checked the fuse on top of the battery? There is usually a small crack in the middle of it and causes similar problem. Press the fuse from the center to make sure it?s ok.

ianboyle
24th December, 2013, 10:48 PM
Thanks for the good feedback lads, when I get back into the garage I'll first take a much closer look at the heavy fuse near the battery. Already scanned the board for cracks and couldn't find any dry solders. If fuse is good I'll reflow the pins to the PCB.

hello, try to weld plate and change of quartz protsesor.what is the smallest EEPROM
Do the quartz crystals give trouble on these, any handy way of testing them on the board? The smallest processor on the board is a M95080WQ. When you say weld the plate do you mean reflow the pins to the PCB?

Thanks again for the input

ianboyle
24th December, 2013, 11:18 PM
Oh yeah and Happy Christmas, hope yous have a good one

spawns3
25th December, 2013, 01:27 AM
Have you checked the fuse on top of the battery? There is usually a small crack in the middle of it and causes similar problem. Press the fuse from the center to make sure it?s ok.

This is the most common problem in this abs units .

ianboyle
27th December, 2013, 08:11 PM
So I checked and rechecked all the pins to pcb and they are all good. Checked all power and earth supplies on the board itself while the plug was connected, all showing good connections. Closer inspection of fuses show they are definitely good.

Out of curiosity I checked the Can bus high and low signals using Picoscope and thought it looked a little bit rough but mostly should be workable. What do you guys think of the Can High and Can Low graph below? I attached the psdata file as a zip aswell for any curious folk.

What do you think causes it to be so spikey? Thinking this might be a problem I took out the diagnostic communications module and checked that for water ingress (a few previous issues with these) but all was perfect with that module. And the ECU and SRS are on the same lines as the ABS can bus so they should be affected aswell if the can bus signals were the problem.

So I'm back to the ABS board itself, fuses good and pins to pcb good, do the eeproms or quartz crystal fail on these much???

instakeys
13th November, 2015, 06:53 PM
Having the same problem with another Golf V (1K 2004)

First problem - Heavy steering, yellow light steering wheel, abs light on, TC not working...
We were unable to calibrate the steering angle too.

Days later red steering wheel warning, solid steering, car undrivable?!?

We replaced the steering rack. Car good, but back to original faults.

I have a replacement ABS module - what's involved in coding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk