PDA

View Full Version : Remap Professionals please advise

ercfathi
28th December, 2013, 10:02 PM
Dears

- Can a remap file work on another car, same make, same model, same engine, same everything?

More details: if i send my engine file to a professional remapping company, after i get the file back would it work on another car, same model, year, engine, everything?

THANX

drakov
28th December, 2013, 10:20 PM
My understanding is most company's encrypt there file's so it's locked to vin, but from the sounds of it your talking about 'generic' files in which case you should drop the word 'professional' from your post, I don't care what anyone says but a remapped file based on the original file from car is the only way to do it properly, if you just want to load 'any old file to another car' buy MPPS clone (what the hell if your gonna do a shit job do it right :-D ) and upload a file from the many 1 gazillion files dvd's on ebay, or do it the right wayand have the 2nd car done by the person that done the 1st car assuming he's a good tuner

same everything?

No such thing, ecu's no matter what anyone says 'learn' the owners habits overtime, no remap will change that because they don't edit those parameters ;)

ercfathi
28th December, 2013, 10:41 PM
Thanks bro, but I'm not uploading old file, I'm applying the new remapped file to another car so i don't have to pay twice for same car model, it's totally business wise issue :)

My understanding is most company's encrypt there file's so it's locked to vin, but from the sounds of it your talking about 'generic' files in which case you should drop the word 'professional' from your post, I don't care what anyone says but a remapped file based on the original file from car is the only way to do it properly, if you just want to load 'any old file to another car' buy MPPS clone (what the hell if your gonna do a shit job do it right :-D ) and upload a file from the many 1 gazillion files dvd's on ebay, or do it the right wayand have the 2nd car done by the person that done the 1st car assuming he's a good tuner

No such thing, ecu's no matter what anyone says 'learn' the owners habits overtime, no remap will change that because they don't edit those parameters ;)

pulsar2000
28th December, 2013, 10:48 PM
Not ethical,
But match HW SW, and yes
Get it wrong, and u can brick a ecu, all to save a file cost, and possibly re-write your customers vin with someone elses.
:eviltongue:

drakov
28th December, 2013, 11:04 PM
Thanks bro, but I'm not uploading old file, I'm applying the new remapped file to another car so i don't have to pay twice for same car model, it's totally business wise issue :)

In other words your an idiot and will expect the replies idiots deserve?

edit; 1st and 2nd posts exempt due to true intentions:)

ominimicu
29th December, 2013, 12:24 AM
FIle doesnt ahve to be VIn coded to be profesional.
Even if u match sw and HW be carefull. some ecus have immo with eeprom in eeprom function. so you can get no start cause of putting different immo info.
Still some cars may be auto or manual and HW and SW does not change but inside the file are changes, and much more like A/C, ssensors etc.

with old ecus you can try or if u have a backup tool. anything goes wrong you flash back ori

COlcusion is still not worth the trouble, i would still get the proper original file remapped.

CHeers