PDA

View Full Version : help updating vix on vu+ solo

gingeee85
4th January, 2014, 11:54 AM
ok hi everyone i need a bit of advice, i tired updating my vu solo to the latest image a few weeks ago and just got a black screen, now i dont know if its real or a clone. does anyone know if this is real or clone? and what is the highest version of vix i can use?

cactikid
4th January, 2014, 12:11 PM
looking at that suggests a very old image used and there was a limit you could go to. BUT the newer images from that point on needed a whole fresh no backups used image as its was totally rewritten and old backups would cause problems,with all the new images we are probably on 807 as my duo is on 808 and that now could be old.
was the box got from wos if so its original,clones come with rs232 cable=null modem cable and if so later images may be a problem.

should have pointed out usually use the software update to update box,but as your image is too old reflashing new image you will have to do.

save your important data if on motorised dish like settings on a bit of paper and line info as a reflash wipes the box so nothing is stored:top:

gingeee85
5th January, 2014, 08:51 AM
cheers mate, so do i find the updates online?

gingeee85
5th January, 2014, 09:22 AM
just tried flashing to 808 and get nothing but a black screen again, i wonder if going to blackhole then coming back helps it work

cactikid
5th January, 2014, 12:52 PM
no you should see a menu and setup,bad hdmi connection?can you see the see the usb flashing when upgrading?

gingeee85
5th January, 2014, 01:29 PM
yes the usb flashes, hdmi is fine, it was working perfect before updating earlier, does the type of usb matter? trouble now is i cant find the 702 update that i orignally had on :(

cactikid
5th January, 2014, 04:48 PM
out of curiousity if you added a scart any picture then?you could go through the archives for an earlier firmware,but wondering why you cant see tv and menu?

gingeee85
5th January, 2014, 10:15 PM
didnt think of adding a scart. got an earlier version my mate had and im back up and running, gonna open box and triple check its not a clone

cactikid
5th January, 2014, 10:38 PM
clones come with rs232 cables

gingeee85
5th January, 2014, 10:57 PM
no it didnt have one of them. i just cant fathom out why its not installing later version or blackhole, even updated the bootloader just in case, will have to find a scart

gingeee85
23rd January, 2014, 11:17 PM
still never figured out this problem, my mates box is the same, anything over this version of vix and vu says no lol, scart didnt display anything either

suttsy
24th January, 2014, 08:38 AM
Is there any sticker on the box??
If it's a clone, there is usually a sticker with V3.1 or V3.2 on the back or the bottom.
If this is the case, then you have to use clone safe images....