PDA

View Full Version : Streaming

Bulld0g
26th May, 2009, 09:20 PM
This might help someone out. I've been messing around trying to get streaming tv from the box to my lappy and have tried a few different methods. I installed Vlc Rape and everything worked flawless first time. So if your having problems streaming and recording give this a go. Install latest Vlc and then run vlcrape.

Added it in downloads.

ianmac
26th May, 2009, 10:40 PM
The VlcRape looks quite a good program, I have just tried it.
But I only got as far as getting all of the program channel lineup and no picture :-(

Do you have to install some Vlc files to your Box to get it working?

Bulld0g
26th May, 2009, 11:16 PM
The VlcRape looks quite a good program, I have just tried it.
But I only got as far as getting all of the program channel lineup and no picture :-(

Do you have to install some Vlc files to your Box to get it working?

Install latest vlc first then just double click vlc rape. Don't forget to put the ip address of the box in rape.

EDIT sorry m8 just realized you must have done that already. I did install an earlier version of vlc on my pc first of all o.8.6c to try and get something else working but when i had no luck i installed latest vlc and then tried rape and it worked first time.

ianmac
26th May, 2009, 11:55 PM
Thanks Bulldog

Tried it with Vlc 0.8.6d and found channels but no picture, then got latest Vlc 0.9.9 and the same thing happens, except says "FATAL ERROR CAPTURE FAILED!!!"...
Got the right ip add, but did you have to change the "streem port from 31339" or put something in "user/password"...
I did try putting "dbox2/root" for those but still no joy...
I do remember somewhere that you had to put a few Vlc files onto the dbox for some streaming programs, that is why I asked if you did that...
Also under the "Main" tab I have it in red saying "MD5 unknown, maybe not supported", have you got that?

Thanx
Ian

Bulld0g
27th May, 2009, 12:12 PM
No m8 all's i done was load rape up.Although i did try other streaming progs first like fiscstream and dreamstream. Maybe there is a file or 2 in there that helped rape run. I'm not too sure m8.

ianmac
27th May, 2009, 02:24 PM
Thanx Bulldog

It is cumunicating with Dbox, as I can get the channel lineup,
Will try other vesions of VLC, between Vers 0.8.6. and vers 0.9.9 to see if I can get any video.
Failing that I will try and hook up direct to Dbox and bypass my router, if that don't work I think I will stick to "Dboxtv".. lol

Just out of intrest what Vers of VLC are you using and are you hooked up direct or via a router?

Thanx
Ian

Bulld0g
27th May, 2009, 10:39 PM
Just done a clean reinstall of windows 7.Downloaded both VLC and Rape from downloads section. Installed both progs and run rape and it wouldn't work. So i ran vlc left it open and i then ran rape and also let me connect to webxtv.
So the only files on my lappy now are vlc and rape. Did you install activex and mozilla plug ins with vlc m8.

bigoessi
25th December, 2009, 11:58 PM
looking for vlcrape...the newest version..please..

thanks in advance

flyingpig
27th December, 2009, 05:06 PM
Dreamstream never fails for me with my eagle or OM500.