PDA

View Full Version : Skybox F5s begineer, few questions!

mixersmate
6th January, 2014, 07:40 PM
Hello everybody,

I picked up my Skybox F5s last night, and just set it up. I would like to create a back up of everything before I go any further, I've read the information on how to do this and just want to clarify a few things.

It says select "TP_PROG.dbs" then to dump it onto the Flash Drive.

It goes on to say to back up your "****" to select the other thing.

Lastly it says to "To backup your whole Image "Dump To USB" before changing the dump mode."

I do want to back up my whole Image, do I need to carry out all three steps, or just step 3 to back up the entire Image?

Also is there anyway this could go wrong and leave me with no channels?

And is there a way to get a full 7 day EPG? my box is brand new but i am unsure which firmware update is on it, I've read bits and bobs on this forum regarding the 7 day EPG but please excuse me as I don't quite understand it all yet.

Lastly, two channels I witnessed last night during the demo are now "Scrambled" today, is this a normal occurance and a quick fix?

I'm sorry if im bringing up stuff you guys have dealt with time and time again, and please accept my apologies should I of broken any forum rules in this thread, that was not my intention.

Thanks in advance guys.

Mixersmate.

EDIT: I have purchased a 64GB memory stick to leave in the Skybox F5s, will this be enough memory for recordings and the EPG? Or would you recommend an external HDD be connected?

darcu5
6th January, 2014, 11:08 PM
1, plug your usb in and go into menu, find dump to usb select everything you wish to backup and save it to usb. (just back everything up then you know you have everything)
2, no you won't loose anything just by doing a dump to usb
3, Firmware needs to be the latest one, i wont point you to the site i usually use as some folk say it was hacked.. maybe someone will point you to another site.
4, I would deffo go for a external hdd (large gb) with it's own power supply

p.s. i don't know which two channels your on about so i can't help you there i'm afraid

genam
7th January, 2014, 09:06 PM
There is nothing on your box that you can't download so backing it up is a waste of time.
64gb is more than enough.
The latest firmware has access to the EPG built in.....look at the post for 'New Official Firmware' on here.
Scrambled channels can occur...wait 30s to see if it appears...otherwise speak to your 'gift' provider...beyond that it cannot be discussed ...forum rules.