PDA

View Full Version : Bannerbomb

Bulld0g
28th May, 2009, 07:06 PM
My m8s just given me his wii to softmod but it's 4.0e. I was having a look around and it appears you can mod this firmware using bannerbomb. I downloaded the files reformatted the sd card and dragged the files on.
When i put it in the wii its comes up with 15406 blocks open but doesn't show the contents of the sd card on the tv. i've done a full slow reformat but it's still not showing up. Any one any idea what it might be and has anyone done a wii 4.0E with bannerbomb
hack.

payback
28th May, 2009, 07:41 PM
you could try this it worked for me :D

Offline Downgrade/Upgrade

Prerequisites:
--SD card
--Unplug any Gamecube Memory Cards, Gamecube Controllers, USB Devices
--Read the FAQ and be prepared with a general knowledge of Wii Homebrew

h**p://www.mediafire.com/?mpdy1qmzlgm (http://www.midnight-scene.com/redir.php?url=http://www.mediafire.com/?mpdy1qmzlgm) (05-20-2009)

This package contains instructions on how to acquire the necessary files from Nintendo to do an offline update
This package will work on ANY Wii! Virgin or Nintendo Official Updated without cios!!

1) Extract the files somewhere on your hard drive such as C:wii and run prepare.bat

2) Check that the WAD files are correct with MooSFV. If any files are not correct run clean.bat and start over

3) Make sure there is no cioscorp folder and rename your old private folder. Copy the contents inside the sd folder to the root of your SD card

If you already have the Homebrew Channel you may skip steps 4-8 follow steps A-B
If you already have the Homebrew Channel AND cIOS installed you may skip to step 10
Otherwise continue with 4-8 and skip A-B

4) Insert the SD card in the Wii and go to Data Management>Channels>SD Card press YES on the dialog box that asks to load boot.dol

5) Choose SD card and load CMDVDX35.dol. Then choose Downgrade IOS35. It might say network error just ignore it and choose Exit

6) Load boot.dol again using bannerbomb and choose WAD-Manager_v1.4.dol. Choose IOS35 and install IOS35-64-v1040.wad then restart

8) Run WAD-Manager_v1.4.dol using bannerbomb again. Choose IOS35 and install HomebrewChannel.wad then restart

---------------------------------------

A) Run CMDVDX35 and choose Downgrade IOS35. It might say network error just ignore it and choose Exit

B) Run WAD Manager choose IOS35 and install IOS35-64-v1040.wad then restart

----------------------------------------

9) If you do not have cIOS installed yet Run WAD-Manager_v1.4 choose IOS35 and install cios_fix.wad then restart

10) Run cIOS36_rev10-Installer and choose WAD Installation

11) Run WAD-Manager_v1.4 again. Choose IOS249 and install WADs 01-18

12) While still in WAD Manager install SystemMenuv###.wad

13) Run preloaderv0.29-cred and press 1 to install

14) Hold reset while powering on to access preloader and set preloader settings. In preloader hacks enable "Skip disc update check"

15) If you installed the Homebrew Channel using a WAD run the HomebrewChannel Installer to fix the installation

Bulld0g
28th May, 2009, 08:24 PM
Thanks m8 but the problem is the wii isnt showing the contents of the sd card. It is showing the amount of blocks open but nothiong in the little sqares on the telly :)

Bulld0g
29th May, 2009, 04:32 PM
Just got hold of another sd card and thats exactly the same. It's not showing the contents of the sd card. Anyone had this problem before.

shaunfree
29th May, 2009, 06:21 PM
hi bulld0g you have to goto channels then select sd card as said on bannerbomb (Insert the SD card in the Wii and go to Data Management>CHANNELS>SD Card press YES on the dialog box that asks to load boot.dol) then follow the guide you got of bannerbomb.

Bulld0g
29th May, 2009, 07:29 PM
hi bulld0g you have to goto channels then select sd card as said on bannerbomb (Insert the SD card in the Wii and go to Data Management>CHANNELS>SD Card press YES on the dialog box that asks to load boot.dol) then follow the guide you got of bannerbomb.

Thats just it m8.There is no dialogue because the wii isnt showing up anything on the sd card except for the number of blocks. When i get data management and then sd there is nothing coming up so i don't have any options to choose.

fearghost
29th May, 2009, 09:00 PM
I had the exact same problem on my friends Wii yesterday. We tried two different SD cards (both formatted with the Panasonic SD Formatter). We tried all flavours of the 'private' folder also. Luckily, he has 3.2E on his Wii so we are going to get hold of Zelda and try the 'twilight hack' instead next week. Just thought I'd let you know that you're not alone! :embarassed:

shaunfree
29th May, 2009, 10:01 PM
hi bulld0g is this what u r doing,1st, data management,2nd,then on next page u will get sav data and channels press channels,then sd card then it should come up load elf.if this does not work the only other thing that happend to me was i allready had homebrew channel on it so i deleted it then format the card and start again worked, 4 me mate.

alexh
29th May, 2009, 10:17 PM
Bannerbomb doesn't work on all Wii consoles.

There are several flavours of bannerbomb v108 to try to tackle this but even then it is known not to work.

bannerbomb (http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/)

Some people are recommending that you reformat your SD card and then use windows to manually create the directory structure :

x:\private\wii\title\AKTN\

Then copy in the banner bomb file content.bin to this directory by hand.

I cannot see why this would work, let us know if it does.

Others are saying that bannerbomb can fail if your nunchuck is plugged into the wiimote so disconnect it.

Finally some recommend going to the sd channels and THEN inserting the sd card.

Bulld0g
30th May, 2009, 08:02 AM
Thanks Alex i'll give them options a go and let you know how i get on

alexh
31st May, 2009, 11:02 AM
A mate of mine could not get his to work with the SD card formatted FAT32, he had to format it FAT16 to get it to work. I think it was a co-incidence and he was missing a step, but worth a try if you still cannot get it to work.

rickets
12th June, 2009, 04:09 PM
Thanks Alex i'll give them options a go and let you know how i get on

How did you get on ?