PDA

View Full Version : Vu Solo 2 Clone openvix Mymetrix Xpicons

snakemetal
15th January, 2014, 01:50 PM
Hi
Received my Solo 2 yesterday from China.
Tried to install Openvix latest image but got H/W error so guess they have clone detection now in new images
So i tried a few older ones untill i found one that worked (openvix-3.0.775 1/11/13)

Everything seems to be working well on it apart from picons
I installed Mymetrix skin from the plugin menu in Vix as default skin is awful
im using the same usb stick i used in my DM800se with all the SHD picons (Xpicons) that i had working with Mymetrix on the DM

Yet i dont see the bigger picons only the small ones upscaled and blocky
Ive been through all the settings in Mymetrix and can not find anything relating to picons

Ive tried downloading SHD picons from the plugin menu but they crash the console as the files already exist on my usb stick
I dont understand why the skin isnt using them?

Any ideas please?
Im new to VU

Kerrmuir
15th January, 2014, 02:38 PM
Delete the ones on the usb then try to add them from the plugin menu. Make sure you select this as the destination to save in. Also try another set and see if that helps too.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

lombard
15th January, 2014, 07:13 PM
Hi
Tried to install Openvix latest image but got H/W error so guess they have clone detection now in new images
So i tried a few older ones untill i found one that worked (openvix-3.0.775 1/11/13)

im using the same usb stick i used in my DM800se with all the SHD picons (Xpicons) that i had working with Mymetrix on the DM

Ive been through all the settings in Mymetrix and can not find anything relating to picons

Ive tried downloading SHD picons from the plugin menu but they crash the console as the files already exist on my usb stick

Any ideas please?
Im new to VU

Openvix 3.0 build 802 works

snakemetal
15th January, 2014, 09:14 PM
Hiya Yes deleting all my picons and downloading them worked Thanks very much
I will have to try 802 good to know thanks

Wingnut
15th January, 2014, 10:59 PM
hi there, what would be your first impressions of the vu solo2? is it fast and a big jump from a dm800s or a vu solo?cheers mate
Hiya Yes deleting all my picons and downloading them worked Thanks very much
I will have to try 802 good to know thanks

snakemetal
16th January, 2014, 03:01 PM
hi there, what would be your first impressions of the vu solo2? is it fast and a big jump from a dm800s or a vu solo?cheers mate

Ive gone from a DM800se
Boot time is very quick but i mainly bought it as the DM800se has such a small sized flash and i was forever running out of space with only a few plugins + i wanted gigabit Ethernet

One thing i dont like is the remote, ive found it lags when moving up and down through the bouquet. Ive found myself having to repeatedly press the up/down button more than i should based on where i want to get to. Also that clicking sound is driving me round the bend i do miss the dm800se remote

Wingnut
16th January, 2014, 07:07 PM
Thanks for the reply back. Do all plugins work faster than the dm800? I no some plugins take a bit to load up so am thinking with the extra power the solo2 has they would be quicker? I could be wrong tho.

lombard
16th January, 2014, 10:29 PM
Thanks for the reply back. Do all plugins work faster than the dm800? I no some plugins take a bit to load up so am thinking with the extra power the solo2 has they would be quicker? I could be wrong tho.

hi there is no contest dm800 vs solo 2 , if you look at the specs of cpu speed and ram etc you will know, solo 2 is fastest box out there right now

Wingnut
16th January, 2014, 10:43 PM
So will plugins load faster then? Il leave an update once mine arrives prob next week. Cheers

lombard
16th January, 2014, 10:51 PM
So will plugins load faster then? Il leave an update once mine arrives prob next week. Cheers

solo 2 is fastest box out there right now , what do you think ?? :)

Networkline
25th January, 2014, 10:07 AM
Hi snakemetal can you vuide me how to put image in vu+solo2 clone. And auto bouquet.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Wingnut
25th January, 2014, 02:17 PM
Update. Have the box a few days now. Have blackhole 2.07 on it. There is a real nice feel about it. Quick and smooth. Plugin s running real fast which is brilliant. I dont really like the remote. The clicking noise is so annoying. I also dont think the hd picture is that great. I use to get a better picture on my old vu solo and dm800. It could be a driver issue so maybe fixable in the future . overall im well impressed and would recommend it.

Networkline
26th January, 2014, 05:30 PM
Hi

Any ideas please?
Im new to VU

hi I have got vu+solo2 from china and I was trying to install vix image but now its stuck on stratring....so do you any solution..

mickmc68
26th January, 2014, 06:10 PM
Try switching it off and on with the switch on back of box , also make sure your not using an image newer than 802 Mick

snakemetal
27th January, 2014, 06:07 PM
hi I have got vu+solo2 from china and I was trying to install vix image but now its stuck on stratring....so do you any solution..

I found its really picky about the usb stick you use
If it doesnt flash try another usb stick

Ive had mine now for a few weeks i cant live with the remote, im not sure if a original Solo2 remote is any better but the one i got is poor it makes a loud clicking sound when the arrow buttons are pressed and i have to get very close to the box and press it multiple times for it to respond.

My tv remote (LG) works with it via HDMI cec so luckly i use that instead and i it works fine.
I would be interested to know if a original vusolo2 remote sucks as bad as the one i got
As im tempted to buy a replacement

Networkline
27th January, 2014, 06:09 PM
It's not original.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

bighun
13th August, 2014, 03:48 PM
use the images from here they are clone safe http://vu-hd.com/en/downs.htm?sortid=0_10

dynomikered
9th September, 2014, 11:59 PM
Hi
The lastest solo2 clone image on that site is apollo 29, will this be safe for any solo2 clone box? I have a remote control isue so would like reflash my box but i am confused by what image i can use
Thanks
Mike

bighun
3rd November, 2014, 08:52 PM
i have the solo2 se clone what a fantastic box for the money ?90 delivered from china to the uk on my box it has got a site to download clone safe images VU+ and X Website --- DownLoads (http://www.vu-hd.com/en/downs.htm) i have tried the blackhole image from there and it works good