PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading Bootloader

Triganomix
16th January, 2014, 03:25 PM
Hi guys!
I'm relatively new to this so please excuse if this sounds a bit dumb and also if this subject has already been covered then please point me in the right direction.

Basically I have a DM800 Clone 201 sim #76.
It seems that the images available for this particular type of box with this bootloader etc are dated/limited.
I have noticed that alot of the newer images use a later bootloader I.E SSL82.

My question is can I/how do I update my bootloader. I have tried to flash my box with various images and have had the no CA error and had to recover a few times.

Is there a later image (no particular favourite) that will install the image with the botloader inbedded in the installation?

Basically I want to try some newer images but cant because my bootloader is too old (or atleast that's how it seems).

Thanks!

andy91
16th January, 2014, 03:33 PM
I'm on Openpli now and I think the bootloader is 84b. With some images you need to flash he bootloader first. If you're getting No Ca Found you're probably flashing with a Ferrari image so stick to Sim 2.1 or 2.01n they are the same.
I used this one if you can get your hands on the latest verson. Has Auto bouquets and On demand built in with ts media and ts panel.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f206/new-openpli-2-1-beta-dm800hd-pvr-2-01-2-10-ssl84b-2013-08-20-cobra1423-backup-362484/

Andy.

Triganomix
16th January, 2014, 04:04 PM
Thanks Andy,

Ah, I see, that could be possible as I was playing around with images untill the early hours and was very tired lol.

Thanks for the link, I will try it later when i've finished work as they restrict the internet big time here.

Ok so was yours #76 once before 84b?
If I need to flash a new bootloader (hoping there's one on here) do I need to flash it before or after flashing the new image or was the bootloader built in to the image you used?

Also, what would happen if I tried to flash a 201 image with the wrong bootloader because I think I also had another 'incorrect image' (or something similar) before but it did not lock my box up with an error just wouldn't load the image.

Thanks for your help btw.

andy91
16th January, 2014, 04:16 PM
If you check in downloads I think there's a 84b bootloader flash that first before the image. You might have to google to find that image if I get a minute will see if I have it and upload it for you. My old box was bootloader 69 ive never really noticed anything with a newer bootloader but this image is fully loaded and good to go,
Andy.

Triganomix
16th January, 2014, 04:19 PM
Thanks for your help mate, you're a legend! :top:

andy91
16th January, 2014, 04:28 PM
Here's the bootloaders you need.

Andy