PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading Bootloader

Triganomix
16th January, 2014, 03:35 PM
Hi guys!
I'm relatively new to this so please excuse if this sounds a bit dumb and also if this subject has already been covered then please point me in the right direction.

Basically I have a DM800 Clone 201 sim #76.
It seems that the images available for this particular type of box with this bootloader etc are dated/limited.
I have noticed that alot of the newer images use a later bootloader I.E SSL82.

My question is can I/how do I update my bootloader. I have tried to flash my box with various images and have had the no CA error and had to recover a few times.

Is there a later image (no particular favourite) that will install the image with the botloader inbedded in the installation?

Basically I want to try some newer images but cant because my bootloader is too old (or atleast that's how it seems).

Thanks!

digicon
16th January, 2014, 08:18 PM
You would be better downloading the bootloader separately with your desired image then just flash the bootloader as you would an image via a browser at this point do not reboot the DM800 open a second browser and then flash your image with the bootloader you chose and then reboot

Triganomix
16th January, 2014, 09:11 PM
Thanks digicon, i'm going to try in a minute.:top:

kbliverpool
3rd February, 2014, 03:38 PM
i have tryed that but cannot flash through browser what is the problem if not can i flash through usb if so how