PDA

View Full Version : Aaaaahhhhh sh*t

Bulld0g
6th June, 2008, 08:16 PM
I don't believe it. After a couple of weeks trying to get my sat up and running and succeeding i've lost everything.Finally got it sorted last week had all the sats sorted and was finding my way around.

Then i started nosing around in the menus, i saved some setting by accident and when i tried driving the motor to a satellite all the channels had gone,i was getting the old "no signal" screen. So i done a factory reset and i still cant pick any sats up. What have i done lol.

I thought by re entering my lat and long and pointing at thor i would pick all the satellites up again, but no :(
Does this mean another trip or 500 hundred back up the ladder or is there another way.

krazylegz
6th June, 2008, 09:12 PM
you cant alter anything on the motor that would reaquire ladders just by using the remote m8.

do a factory reset, then enter your lat and long settings in again then insert the attached settings useing dreamset m8.

krazylegz
6th June, 2008, 09:14 PM
...............oops only use them settings if you have a linux reciever, if you have a technomate factory reset, then re-patch and re-enter klat and long settings

Bulld0g
7th June, 2008, 09:20 AM
Thanks for the reply m8.Its a Technomate i've got ;)
Strange thing is i'm getting some sats back but not Thor Astra Hotbird and a couple of others.I remember when i was setting up i changed the lat and long slightly to get a better picture.Trouble is i forgot what exactly they were.
I put back in the coordinates from multimap but i know they aren't the exact ones i had before i reset the box.Could his be the reason for not picking all the sats back up.Ive tried lots of combinations but still not gettin all back. Do you think if i got back up the ladder and moved the dish up and down slightly this would resolve it.

<--Bulld0g added 641 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...-->

Just a quick update, i'm still not back up.I got back up the ladder and moved the dish up and down untill ilocked onto thor.Now when i move to any satellite west it moves to that sat but when i drive the motor back east.to the furthest sat it only goes as far as thor. If i'm on thor and choose a sat east the actual dish wont move, the receiver shows the dish as moving but it doesn't. Any one any idea what's happening.

krazylegz
7th June, 2008, 09:34 AM
start totally afresh bd m8. factory reset box, reflash firmware, load channel lists already out (if you want one give me a shout), enter long and lat settings (ideal if you have a satnav unit, get them from that) then set it to BBC world on thor and see if you get a picture, if you dont go up ladder and adjust dish accordingly.

but one thing i cant stress enough is to make sure you pole/bracket is perfectly plumb all the way around as you get thor if its not but it wont follow the arc arc and you'll miss other satellites

Bulld0g
7th June, 2008, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the reply Krazy. I've reflashed original TM firmware.Pole is plumb.
I get a good signal on bbc world and other channels and i can move west and pick up other sats ok.When i drive the motor back to say 45E it only goes back as far asThor.I can't drive to any sats east.The receiver shows as moving to sy Astra 1 but the motor doesn't move east.

krazylegz
7th June, 2008, 10:03 AM
go up the ladder and you'll see a little pin hole stick something in it like a pen and reset the motor itself, also make sure you have no motor limits set in the motor setup page m8

Bulld0g
7th June, 2008, 10:20 AM
OOPS sorted now. I had turned on limits under motor control.Thanks for your help Krazy. I gotta learn to stop meddling around lol

krazylegz
7th June, 2008, 11:44 AM
pmsl its all part of the fun ~~~~ing it up then fixing it again lol

pleased you got it sorted:)