PDA

View Full Version : how to install enigma 2 on dream box 500

s4mmy
21st January, 2014, 02:56 AM
hi D-Kaos

I want to install enigma 2 on my dream box 500, i found a guide thanks to digicon that teaches how to flash a dream box in two minutes..

Im currently searching for a recent image of enigma 2, but I have a couple questions..

the install is it as simple as just flashing the box with enigma 2, using the guide found here

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f215/how-guide-flashing-dreambox-dm500s-dm600-less-than-2-mins-224293/

or do i need something like openPLi installed first or something..

this is my first ever setup and if my question sounds a little stupid, sorry bout that i really am a noob when it comes to this setup.

digicon
21st January, 2014, 03:29 AM
I am afraid that the DM500 is Enigma1 only and there is no chance of you flashing an Enigma2 image to the receiver.

s4mmy
21st January, 2014, 09:04 AM
:( how depressing, i can never catch a break lol..
is that including 500 se?

digicon
21st January, 2014, 01:21 PM
:( how depressing, i can never catch a break lol..
is that including 500 se?

Again there is no 500se there is a DM800se and a DM500HD which both are enigma2 based receivers

s4mmy
22nd January, 2014, 03:28 AM
im trying to connect to my dreambox via flashwizard pro but it wont connect and says to check the connection perimeters..

do u know what that means?

ps.. on the actual box it says dm500-s

thanks

I have also located the setup password and can get into setup now, but if i try use that password with root when connecting via flashwizard it says password is wrong and to check parameters but if i dont use a user n pass its only says to check the connection parameters so i think i dont need user/pass but need to work out what the connection parameters are..

ok well i just tried connecting via ftp and user/pass is wrong, its not the same as setup and if i try connect without user pass it adds anonymous to username and then again says user/pass is wrong.. what a pita lol

digicon
22nd January, 2014, 12:47 PM
Standard User/Pass on all DM's is root - dreambox the root part can never be changed the password can though

s4mmy
23rd January, 2014, 10:05 PM
i am assuming the ftp password os different then the setup password..

for the web interface i dont need to login, it just acesses the page straight away..
I do have setup password now but i couldnt find where to go to change the ftp password etc..

i cant login with flashwizard or ftp and would be good if i could change the password via the dreambox setup menu..

only other option is to do a complete factory reset, but i want to leave that as a last resort..

psats
23rd January, 2014, 10:23 PM
ftp pass is same
ie
192.168.xxxxxxx
root
dreambox

s4mmy
23rd January, 2014, 11:54 PM
my pass may of been changed by the person i bought it off a few years back. i have full access to the dreambox it self, but I can not login remotly via ftp or flashwizard etc..

i even disabled the password to get into setup on my dreambox but it didnt help.. i also tried the default root/dreambox login via ftp but it didnt work.

is there a way to change the ftp password via the dreambox it self..

thanks