30th May, 2009, 08:35 PM
Take down your bunting & take down your flags
No open top busses or dresses for WAGS
Go back to Kirkby in your coaches and cars
Forever in our shaddow
THE CITY'S ALL OURS

Bulld0g
30th May, 2009, 08:39 PM
Heheheh and when the welders finished welding the roof back on the bus of the city tour at OT he can go to badison park and do the same :roflmao:

opsmonkey
30th May, 2009, 08:49 PM
Tell yer ma, yer ma
To put the champagne back in the fridge
The cup's gone down to the Bridge
Tell yer ma, yer ma

maca
30th May, 2009, 08:54 PM
now its all over and alls said and done, chelsea scored 2 and everton 1 . the blue half of merseyside coming home sad. the red half of the city sitting there glad. for liverpool fans its a perfect double a pin that burst ferguson and moyles bubble. and one thing to remember when your happy to night there will always be blue and white shite

Bulld0g
31st May, 2009, 05:43 PM
Jimmy greaves once said football is a funny old game. He was right. Wednesday and Saturday were ~~~~in hillarious :roflmao:

opsmonkey
31st May, 2009, 05:59 PM
hmmmmm bit quiet.. normally the blues are everywhere giving it the mouth.. funny they have all gone quiet when they've been stuffed...

First team to loose a FA Cup Final after taking the lead for a very long time

Ballistic
31st May, 2009, 09:00 PM
Jimmy greaves once said football is a funny old game. He was right. Wednesday and Saturday were ~~~~in hillarious :roflmao:

Get back under your stone with its empty trophy cabinet :hahaha:

maca
31st May, 2009, 09:03 PM
that empty trophy cabinet you refer to has big european cup in it. or did you forget that....

Bulld0g
31st May, 2009, 09:06 PM

lol at last a blue coming out from outta the woodwork. Empty pmsl Everton add to the expenses scandal by claiming for brasso roflmao:

maca
31st May, 2009, 09:10 PM
lol at last a blue coming out from outta the woodwork. Empty pmsl Everton add to the expenses scandal by claiming for brasso roflmao:
police are looking for 2 men who broke into evertons trophy room, they were last seen running off with a big blue carpet....

Bulld0g
31st May, 2009, 09:14 PM
lol class m8 :party:

opsmonkey
31st May, 2009, 09:17 PM
Train Journey... ?70
Hotel.... ?130
Match Ticket.... ?350
Scoring in the first 30 seconds.... Pointless

Bulld0g
31st May, 2009, 09:32 PM
:roflmao: :roflmao:

Ballistic
31st May, 2009, 10:11 PM

Thats funny i thought Barcelona won it :)

I guess i should have said "This season" as none of the premiership clubs have empty trophy cabinets :)

B

Ballistic
31st May, 2009, 10:12 PM
no no not a Blue :)

melloned
2nd June, 2009, 01:09 AM
:) Everton were outplayed on the day , but haven't anything to be ashamed of , a club on a fraction of the budget ot the top 4 , 5th in the Prem and not fazed by any of them this season .
Well done Moyes , well done Everton , food for thought for every manager on a ?150K+ budget ! Credit where it's due !:congrats:

opsmonkey
2nd June, 2009, 11:41 AM
yes they do very well on such a limited budget (limited budget = small club)... still good though to stick it up 'em when they loose lol

thered
2nd June, 2009, 05:08 PM
yes they do very well on such a limited budget (limited budget = small club)... still good though to stick it up 'em when they loose lol

that must be why rafa is always moaning about not being able to compete with a big club

opsmonkey
2nd June, 2009, 05:18 PM
that must be why rafa is always moaning about not being able to compete with a big club

whadda you mean..?? we always beat Barca lol

melloned
3rd June, 2009, 11:00 PM

:D Part of the fun of footy that Mate ! , It'd be boring without it , Saturday last at 10.30 when the Blues fans were getting back to our Local , there were 20-30 Reds greeting them with cockney songs " My old man say'd follow the van " , "cockles + mussels " etc , etc , loads of 2 way slanging , but we were all there until 2.30am and not a punch thrown ( just! ) .:bounce:

opsmonkey
3rd June, 2009, 11:27 PM
They only have a couple of seasons left with Moyes.. Fergies been grooming him for years to take over at Man U

mpmaho2
8th June, 2009, 09:35 PM
I wouldn't normally reply to jibes, but you do seem anxious to hear from blues fans for some reason. There was a time when LFC fans were more respectful, but in recent years some of you seem to have lowered you standards and become jeering and taunting, more interested in the failure of others than your own success. It's a bit dissappointing for fans of a club of your high profile to be acting this way. I have many friends who are LFC fans are they were very respectful in their comments after the final. I think that perhaps the public performances of Mr Benitez has rubbed off on some of you. His constant outbursts and insults have only served to lower the image of your club to the rest of the non LFC world and you would be a better club and a much more genuine outfit without him. The ony benefit to you is his links with Spanish players which got you Torres and maybe Villa in the future. Perhaps that is enough for you. If so, well done, and congratulations to you on all your past glories.
Anyway, if is this thread is labelled Everton then perhaps a brief word. Everton FC under the leadership of David Moyes and Bill Kenwright is one which is built on respect and dignity. Both have gone about their business in a professional, private, and dignified manner, never using the media as a personal soapbox, or a vehicle for internal and external squabbles. Perhaps we don't have the cash to bid for top players, but yet we do seem to have established a team that regularly punches above it's weight. Perhaps we don't have a top class stadium yet. Perhaps we're still not quite there in terms of competing with the rich clubs for a champions league berth. What we do have is a club that operates with the upmost integrity, players with relentless workrate and loyalty, and some of the best fans in the world. Under the leadership of Mr Moyes we will certainly push for that top 4 and the wealth that it brings. Although if wealth comes a the cost of the harmony we currently have, then it might not be worth it.
Well done Everton. We started and ended the season without our best players and fielding kids from the reserves. Yet we still had a season to be proud of. I am certainly a proud blue and feel no shame in our defeat at Wembley.
COYB, The Peoples Club.

maca
8th June, 2009, 09:44 PM
jeering and taunting. you never hear evertonians singing about hillsbourgh. or about the babys not yours to steven gerrard.. just to mention a few songs. as for respect efc show to lfc stop talking s...t. 99% of evertonians are just anti lfc...

lfc4life
8th June, 2009, 09:47 PM
its called being jealous ! there fans always have and always will be :D

Bulld0g
8th June, 2009, 10:13 PM
I wouldn't normally reply to jibes,
It's called banter m8 not jibes. Do you remember Everton fans placing a big ad in the Echo in 96 congratulating Man utd on beating us in the cup final. Do you remember Everton fans sitting in Man utd shirts across Merseyside to watch the game ? I do. Now thats not banter but bitterness.

Congrats to Everton for getting to the final. They done it the hard way beating all prem teams, but it was not too be. Chelsea were too strong for them. I have banter with my blue m8s some of who are season ticket holders and they had great pleasure rubbing in our defeat by Milan in 07.

mpmaho2
8th June, 2009, 10:24 PM
Shame on any Everton fans singing about the likes of hillsborough. I certainly wouldn't. As regards, Jealousy, I would like Torres, but you can keep the rest.
I'm interested though... This Everton thread is full of LFC fans going on about Everton. Is the LFC thread full of Evertonians and Mancs going on about Liverpool? I haven't looked as it's a Liverpool thread, so it doesn't interest me enough to check. It seems every Everton forum I read is full of Liverpool fans. It's nice that you care so much.

Another question for you guys?
Albert Riera, we had a bid accepted for him last year, but thankfully he didn't want to play for us? How do you think he's worked out for you? Personally I think we dodged a bullet there, but it must have been a double barrell cause we got Fellaini. (Big, slow goon, although he does score)

Bulld0g
8th June, 2009, 10:29 PM
The jury's still out on Riera. He started off well but faded in the second half of the season. He's deffo got the ability , it remains to be seen if he has the heart. I would give him next season if he does the same, get rid of him. I think he just might come good though ;)

PS theres over 700 posts in the Liverpool thread and yes there are Mancs and blues having a go at us, it's the nature of the beast.

opsmonkey
8th June, 2009, 10:43 PM
This Everton thread is full of LFC fans going on about Everton.

I created it.. To rip the piss out of you.. We'd do it more often but with one final appearance every 15 years its a bit hard..

Take the banter.. or.. dont give it out in the first place..
You lot are always first to bang the gums if we get beat in a final..

I remember at half time Champions League Final 2005 there were loads of inbreds on the streets waving everton flags... soon disappeared though..

As for respect..

'Murderer's' and 'Fence Muncher' taunts at Goodison every year is hardly respectful..

Enjoy your qualifiying round of the new Europa League

Once a Blue... Always a Manc

mpmaho2
8th June, 2009, 10:47 PM
Next season will be the test for Riera, the honeymoon period being over and all.
You're right of course Bulldog about the banter, not jibes. What would football be without it. Forgot to mention Alonso of course. Class player and it would be lunacy to sell him. Reckon you guys need a one player that is a bit special. Take Ronaldo for instance (I know you hate him, not having a go here). What would utd be without him. All respect to utd, but the rest of their midfield is pants as was apparent in the final. All this talk of the best utd team ever. Carrick, Park, Anderson are not even close to Keane, Scholes, and Giggs in their prime.
Maybe you could tempt Robben back to the premiership, even if he is a bit soft.

As regards us, I just don't know. Probably very little will be spent again, but I think I've started to enjoy how Moyes develops these players that he does get. Pienaar came a long in leaps and bounds this year. Would like to see Moutinho. Although it might be interesting to see if we will go after long term targets like Michael Johnson in the hope of builing on his potential of the pre M. Hughes days.

mpmaho2
8th June, 2009, 10:54 PM
So you did opsmonkey. My mistake.

toyotox
8th June, 2009, 11:02 PM
i am an evertonian wot i experenced on that cup final was brill was unlucky we cudnet bring the trophy bak to goodison park but we will hopfully put that behind us and bounce back from that next season an i think we shud be garenteed a trophy if we do well i must admit some ppl are right in this discussion we were rather outplayed by chelsea they are a very strong team wb thanks

mpmaho2
8th June, 2009, 11:12 PM
Toyotox,
What do you think of the new home shirt? Can't say as I like myself. I really liked the old one though.
Who would you like to arrive in the summer?
Would you sell Lescott for 15m? I would as it would solve our dilemma over who to play alongside the mighty Jags and give us the funds for Moutinho. Also, he did moan a bit about being played at left back, so his loyalty is suspect.
Agree, Chelsea were far superior, but our boys done us proud anyway.

opsmonkey
8th June, 2009, 11:13 PM
Toyotox,
What do you think of the new home shirt? Can't say as I like myself. .

i really like your new home shirt.. real retro, although the white bit should have gone into a V and not a U.. your pink and black away is awful

Bulld0g
8th June, 2009, 11:18 PM
i am an evertonian wot i experenced on that cup final was brill was unlucky we cudnet bring the trophy bak to goodison park but we will hopfully put that behind us and bounce back from that next season an i think we shud be garenteed a trophy if we do well i must admit some ppl are right in this discussion we were rather outplayed by chelsea they are a very strong team wb thanks
No one's guaranteed a trophy m8. There are only Three domestic trophies to play for. The Prem, fa cup and league cup. As nearly always these will go to the teams in the top four.

mpmaho2
8th June, 2009, 11:37 PM
Think I'll have to grow to like the home shirt. I know it's an anniversary shirt designed to mimic that of 85, so the reasons are sound at least. But the away shirt, no way.