PDA

View Full Version : how to recover a wpa key from intel proset

Time2Play
30th May, 2009, 09:41 PM
hey i need help to find a wpa keyy on intel proset wireless i have a friends laptop who lives down stairs from me he said i can use his router but he likes playing games so he give me his laptop and said find the key yourself lol is there a way to putt it iv tryed all i know

Curious123
30th May, 2009, 10:26 PM
If you know what sort of a router he has then it should be quite simple as you could log onto his router and find the key. If you don't have access to his router than you will need to hack his key.

on_the_jazz
30th May, 2009, 10:34 PM
As mr. curious said you just need access to the router. Connect with a lan cable and log on.
I know you want to try and get the starred out key already typed in on his laptop but I have no idea where that is stored :p

Trying to wirelessly hack wpa is going to be very time consuming, perhaps too time consuming if the key is long and complex.

mrtell
31st May, 2009, 01:46 PM
If you have access to his router RESET the router, think the reset button is on the back, small recessed button, use a pen or something. Default username and pass is probs admin and either 1234 or password.......google it. as someone has already said wpa not easy to crack unless its wep, different story.